03-01-2011 11:28 AM
Hello all. I have tried everything i can to fix this issue on windows 7 64bit. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue? The sytems detects the device in device manager under other devices with a yellow exclamation mark, but instead of saying unknown device it actually says logitech illuminated keyboard. The error it has is that it cannot find the driver for the device. I have tried several things to get it to work. I have uninstalled the device and then done a hardware scan. I moved it from usb ports. I uninstalled and installed setpoint for 64bit latest versions. I have updated my bios and chipset drivers. I am now running windows updates and upgrading to SP1 for windows 7. I am out of options. The keyboard does not light up or respond at all. The only time i see the keyboard responding and working good is when the system is booting up, but once the windows OS loads the keyboard does not work or even light up the backlight. I called Logitech support and ran some troubleshooting with one of their techs to no avail. He advised me that it is being escalated and that someone would be with me in 24 to 48hrs. This was saturday. It is now Tuesday and i have received no call from Logitech. I have not called back either, but i will today after work. If someone knows the answer to this please let me know thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-01-2011 12:40 PM
~ Update ~
Ok guys after some further troubleshooting by myself I have fixed the issue. I am not sure which step fixed it, but I know it got fixed LOL. I will give a brief summary on what I did to fix it now.
1. I downloaded and installed a registry cleaner. I cleaned my registry.
2. Deleted setpoint. Cleaned registry again.
4. Updated all drivers including bios and chipset.
5. Ran all windows updates and updated to Win 7 Bit SP1. ( The SP was released in 2/22/11 ).
6. After all updated except for the language packs was installed I rebooted again.
7. After that I saw that the keyboard was no longer in Other Devices.
8. Downloaded and installed Setpoint 6.20 Bit.
10. Success I now have the keyboard fully functioning and in the setpoint application.
I hope this helps several people that have this same issue as I did. I have been lurking through forums and reading forum post after forum post for 4 days to see what I can do to get this to work. I finally came up with my own solution. The reason I thought about this is because I am in the IT field so I kinda know more or less what is going on, but this was just a really crazy issue. After I tested the keyboard on another computer with windows 7 Bit I knew that the issue was with my actually system and not compatibility with the OS.