Logi Nu
rroyabq

K750 keyboard numbers and symbols row not working

Since I migrated to Windows 8 Pro the top row of the keyboard will not type numbers or symbols.  Have already installed latest Windows 8 unifying and setpoint software.  Any fix available?

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 243

Re: K750 keyboard numbers and symbols row not working

It sounds unlikely, I know, but this worked for someone else. Have you checked that the numlock is not on?

By the way, which version of SetPoint are you using?

Logitech recently put out a new version, SetPoint 6.5, which is supposed to work for Windows 8. Unfortunately, even users of Windows 8 find that it doesn't always do what they expect, or require.

If you have tried 6.5, you could give it a go. If you have, then it might be worth trying an earlier version.

Messing around with one of my keyboards, I also found that it helps to have the latest version of the unifying software. (I think the K750 is unifying.) Without it I was getting generic icons in SetPoint.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
dale301

My keyboard numbers are not working with Windows 8. I have downloaded and I believe installed the correct drivers from logitech but I still can't get them to work properly.  I upgraded to windows 8 pro on 2 computers and since I have been having problems with the keyboards.  I have bought a new keyboard mouse combination and it is one of the boards which is not working properly.  There are no drivers in the packages with the new keyboards and downloading, if you can match the boards are the only way to get drivers.  BIG BUMMER.  I could use a little help from above.. 

I have had   older keyboard combinations for several years which is why I bought a new one... They were working fine with my old windows  7 setup.  Having to use the number keypad for all numbers which does not help when I need a percent sign or others including the at sign. 

MichaelKenward

One user recently reported that they had rescued their keyboard by going into device manager and removing all HID Keyboard devices.

This forces Windows to look again. With luck it will then find the keyboard and wheeze into action, getting the drivers and forgetting what is stuck in its  memory.

On the same track, removing old USB devices, those that are hidden in Windows, has also helped some people.

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

MichaelKenward

Here is the message:

I uninstalled all the devices under Human Interface Devices in Device Manager.

Logi Nu
teamyzerman

This has been happening to me, as well, with my K350.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/why-are-my-top-keyboard-row-of-numbers-not...

If you are using Constant Guard through Comcast, you need to disable the key logging protection feature to correct his problem.  Once you open the Constant Guard program, click on options and disable it.

For whatever reason, this software is creatng a conflict and rendering the last non-numeric character you pressed on the keyboard.

Hope this helps.