Logi Nu
seoirse

Keyboard Combo MK250 Conflict???

I've recently upgraded to a new PC with Windows 7 operating system, 64 bit. Shortly after I bought a Wireless Desktop MK250 which I've now had about 4 weeks; I installed it using plug-and-play and in that time it has functioned just fine.

Yesterday after  I'd been working on the PC for some time, my computer froze. The first indication was that neither mouse nor keyboard would function...and the cursor was immobile. The only option was to power down using the on/off switch on the PC. When I then switched on normally, I was presented with a blue screen.  I switched off and then booted up using safe mode and powered down in a more orderly fashion.  

No more blue screens. but the problem re-occurs almost as soon as the desktop appears.

The last time I powered off, I removed the USB receiver and connected my old mouse and wired keyboard, and everything worked fine - in fact I'm using it to write this on. Neither of them function as well as the combi, so I'd like to get it working properly again.

So, has anybody any idea what might be causing the problem? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks seoirse

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

Re: Keyboard Combo MK250 Conflict???

[ Edited ]

Hello seoirse,

I would try running the Logitech Connection Utility and see if you can get the mouse or keyboard reconnected, if they don't it may give us an indication what the issue is. Also check the device manager (Click Start, right click Computer and select Manage), and see if there are any yellow flags indicating a problem.

If you have any other computer to try it on that would be best, right away it will tell us if it's related to the device or your computer.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
seoirse

I've been hamstrung by yet another occurence of the problem - and only just managed to get operational again - so thought I'd better send an urgent reply.

Needless to say the problem is still occurring - even with the old mouse and keyboard - further investigation indicates that the problem is NOT the combi keyboard. Checking the events log indicates a whole pile of errors and problems, most of which I don't even understand, never mind fix!

Meanwhile, my apologies for the false alarm - and I would like to thank you for your suggestions and fast reply - it's greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes....Seoirse

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

Thanks for the update, best of luck getting it sorted out.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Warzard

Hi,

I also have the same problen running windows 7 and logitech MK250 keyboard but I use a cord Logitech mouse but still it causes my computer to crash when booting up shows some desktop items but rest are still trying to load does not matter how long i leave the computer it still does not load. Have been looking for new USB drivers as can not even select options on boot up for safe start....