Logi Nu
WhiteOp

Keyboard not detected on bootup

I just bought at Logitech LX710 wireless keyboard mouse combo. The problem I am having is that I get a "no keyboard detected" error message when I boot up. I had another wireless Logitech keyboard and it was detected fine with no problems. I have enabled USB Legacy Keyboard support and it's still a no go. Does anyone have a solution other than buying a new computer or using another keyboard during the bootup sequence. This is really annoying and it looks like the product was developed and released to the publice without sufficient field testing. I may just go take it back and get a Microsoft wireless keyboard... 
Logi Nu
WhiteOp

Re: Keyboard not detected on bootup

PROBLEM FIXED....For all of you having the keyboard not detected during bootup problem do this. When you bootup hit del to go into your bios. Then find the "Halt on" (in mine, it's in the "Main" option). It will give you several options, Just change it to "Halt on all errors except keyboard". Save your changes and exit and you're set to go. Hope this helps someone else. Kept me from returning my keyboard which I like because of the cool design....
Logi Nu
douahe

Is there a way for me to have my bluetooth mx5000 to be detected on bootup so I can use it to get into bios etc rather than having to use a separate keyboard. Thanks for the help...
Logi Nu
yjjyjyt

how can i enter BIOS when keyboard is not detected.................
Logi Nu
yjjyjyt

[ Edited ]
WhiteOp, .....how can you enter bios when keyboard is not detected. It is like advicing to point your mouse to the left where there no mouse detected..........

Message Edited by Pegasus on 04-12-2007 01:18 AM

Logi Nu
mjones141

Here is the solution I came up with. If you turn off Halt on all errors but keyboard that doesn't fix the issue of not being able to get into the BIOS. There should be a feature in your BIOS (it is on ASUS motherboards) for Plug and Play OS. If you enable this everything will boot up fine AND your keyboard with be recognized by the BIOS.
Logi Nu
shakya

hey buddy i said that if your keyboard is not detected then how can you go to biod and hange options   here i m not to argument but i do have a problem like this my keyboard is also not detected at boot but once i m in windows it works fine   pl..............   help me out...

THANKS 

Logi Nu
Clive1

Same problem, keyboard not detected on boot up but working perfectly once windows up and running.

My Asus P5K motherboad has 6 USB ports mid-board and 6 on a back panel. Moved the keyboard  USB from the back panel to one of the mid-board ones and problem solved !!  I recon the back panel ones are a hub and are not initialised until windows is up - which is too late to enter set up ( just a thought as I am a technical newby )

Logi Nu
ANwar

my key board is not working .on the boot up time it shows that KEY BOARD NOT DETECTED PRESS F1 TO CONT. . but i can't press any of the key

Logi Nu
jackdeheer

This is a joke, if the keyboard is not (or late) detected how can I give delete to come in the bios????

NOT SOLVED :smileyvery-happy: