Logi Browser
derPhil

Re: LX 710 No longer working after Windows 7 Update

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately that didnt do the trick. I also tried starting in save mode, its not working there either. I´d also like to point out that I didnt install any new services whatsoever, just like with everyone else the problem occured after installing those windows updates. 

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello derPhil,

Please contact costumer care for your region for more in depth assistance .

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
fireniceinc

I am a msdn partner, and i called them sat on the phone for hrs over this issue, first time i have ever had to do so. they basically told me i do not pay them enough, for them to tell me how to uninstall something they stuck on my computer - i am supposed to ahve 2 phone calls a year to tech support form them as part of my partner benefits lol. took an hr for them to figure out who iw as afetr forcing me to agree to give out my personal info internationally. 

I have automatic updates set to manual and this did it without my permission.

the funny thing is, they gave me this signed edition of win 7 to promote them, and i have been a developer partner with them since pre 1990's and i do not pay them, they send me free goodies to promote there products is basically our relationship, so this only really hurts us in the short run. also i only had turned automatic updates on at all, because i had to try to get the machine dod compliant and thought oh hey <stupid blond, doh) ill make sure its updated all the way, as soon as i enabled the service it went online then tried to force a restart and i nvr said do so, it is set to not install to only notify :smileysad:

also i have noticed many things missing, from shortcuts to system objects to the inability to even use some ports<or use windows certain windows objects if i close those ports in firewalls. im not sure what this update does, but its caused me to many problems to be able to keep it on my computers and with no way to uninstall it that i have found, thats means reinstalling the os across the board 

so, unfortuanatley, i have to reinstall any os that has updated is my only solution so far - hence why iw as here looking lol, ty logitech

<likes my mouse

and obviously uses ie<no spell check :smileytongue:

Logi Browser
derPhil

Recently i decided to reinstall windows, so i formated my harddrive and so far it worked just like it should again. but now after a few days im pretty much back to zero. mouse + keyboard stopped working again after installing some updates. i know im not the only one with the exact same issue, i found many posts in other forums (for example in the official microsoft forums) stating the same problem. after i tried to "run the last working setup" using f8 on startup it worked for a few minutes but then ... well... u know the rest..... please, is there no one with a working fix to this? microsoft support is of no help and it seems that logitech isnt  helping either. supposedly this problem has something to do with a change to "usb-hostcontroller" ... I know you told me to look somewhere else for a solution, but this product has a big "compatible to Windows 7" logo on its box, as far as i can tell it clearly isnt ...

regards,

phil

Cintech

Hello derPhil,

Have you tried the fix ?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=1198

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
derPhil

I have finally found a fix for this problem. It is caused by MotionJoy drivers which seem to malfunction when certain windows upgrades are installed. After uninstalling MotionJoy everything is back to normal :smileyhappy:

To uninstall you have to do the following:

step1 : uninstall the motionjoy drivers here "control panel -> programs and features"
step2:  go to device manager and delete all motionjoy devices

step3:  type "regedit" in the search bar and open it. here you have to search for "DS3" using "Ctrl+F" and delete the DS3.exe
step4:  reboot

after that the usb-devices should work again. hope that was of help to anybode who still struggles with that problem.

Logi Nu
Dantares

Hello, I have the Cordless Desktop EX 110 combo I have the same problem, Iuninstalled the MotionJoy completely but I have not gotten it to work ...

Thanks and best regards

Cintech

Hello derPhil,

Thank you for the update!  I'm sure it will help others.

Regards,

Cintech

Hello Dantares,

Please provide details of your issue . What is your operating system ? How is your EX 110 connected ? Do you use the PS/2 connections or USB only ? Are either the mouse or the keyboard working or neither ?

Regards,

Logi Nu
Dantares

Hi, I use Windows 7 x64, Ex 110 I have it connected by USB, and 5 years has never given me problems, but yesterday upgraded Windows and ceased to function as other users here.

The keyboard does work in bios