Logi Nu
bullynj
Accepted Solution

Logitech Alto Cordless Laptop Display with Keyboard - NOT WORKING

I just wondered if I was doing something wrong here - I purchased this from Circuitcity, I tried to connect it today and it wont work - The light flashes on the keyboard when hitting connect- but the base where the connect button is on the platform wont light up or flash even though the usb is plugged in and the ac adapter is plugged in - im wondering if IM doin gsomething wrong - but I cant get a connection - Maybe its defective? I have windows vista.
Logi Nu
fjrwp

Re: Logitech Alto Cordless Laptop Display with Keyboard - NOT WORKING

[ Edited ]
I have the same problem.  The Windows Vista Device Manager shows a problem with it.  The Alto Cordless is listed under "Other Devices" and labeled a "Mass Storage Controller" with no drivers installed.

Message Edited by fjrwp on 02-13-2008 11:50 PM
Logi Nu
jazzjunkysue

I just brought home a new gateway and it's vista. I have the alto with 3 USB's, mouse and keyboard and stand. Love it so far, but this is hour one. I can take it back to costco if I run into trouble. It's the best perk of costco. Returns.

Did you connect everything in the right order? Go back to the paperwork and do everything in the right order. Vista loaded all my drivers for me. It was effortless, and instant. Try starting it all over and do it in order.

Good luck.

Logi Nu
koswus

hey, this is kind of a late reply but I hope it might help. I had the same problem with my alto cordless. I have vista home basic 32bit for a lenovo x61 tablet and when I put everything in the keyboard would work but the stand wouldn't. What I found was strange was that if I just plugged the USB in but not the ac adapter it would work fine and run off the laptops USB in guessing. So I hope it helps good luck!
Logi Nu
tnaf

[ Edited ]
Have same circumstance as koswus - all works fine without ac power plugged into the stand.  Once plugged in, connect function in stand does not work, keyboard does not work, but mouse does through usb receiver plugged into the laptop (Gateway M-6843 running 32 bit Vista Home).  This is not ideal as I would like to leave other peri's plugged into stand...kind of why I went this route.

Logitech...little help?

Message Edited by tnaf on 09-16-2008 07:32 PM
Logi Browser
augh

I too have the Logitech Alto Cordless Notebook Stand which I purchase new from a retail outlet (AU) in June 2008. At the same time I also purchased a Logitech Cordless mouse. I have used it without any problems from June until now (Oct 2008 3 1/2 months)

Now I cannot connect stand to laptop. The mouse will work if plugged directly to Laptop I have: pressed connect button many many times checked power supply replaced keyboard batteries & tried to connect using keyboard button tried plugging into every USB port on laptop tried stand not plugged in to power supply has anybody else had success?

Compac Presario C500 / Vista 6.0 home basic

Logi Browser
augh

Tried a fix posted on "Re: Alto Cordless Experience" by piggbox worked for me

" took out the batteries from the key board...typed for a minute or so, then pushed & released the connect button on the base, did the same with the connect button on the keyboard, then again with the base...put the batteries back in and it was connected."
Logi Browser
augh

lasted long enough for me to feel comfortable they whammy  !@#$#%^$^&
Logi Nu
upnorth37

I'm thankful for everyone that posted here.  I just received my Alto Cordless Keyboard today.  Hooked it up and have been fiddling with it to TRY and get it to work for nearly 2 hours!  Should have come here earlier instead of trying my own troubleshooting.  Anyway, followed the directions and the keyboard would not operate, no matter what order I used to connect the items, nor which USB port I used on my laptop, no matter how many times I'd hit the receiver connect or the keyboard connect, simultaneously, in sequence, reverse sequence, no matter how long I stared sternly at the keyboard and holder and cords, despit replacing brand new batteries with more brand new batteries, and eventually started talking nicely to the keyboard and cords.  (By the way, I'm running a Dell XPS M1330 w/ Vista Ultimate.) 

After a brief read here, I cautiously extracted the power cord from the notebook holder and presto, the laptop started loading/activating the keyboard driver, the numeric lock light indicator on the stand blinked on, and the keyboard (which I am using to write this reply with) began responding to my fingertips with ease and aplumb.  Go figure why that's the solution, but I'm glad I can get on with my Saturday now.

Peace and joy to one and all.  Bye.

Logi Nu
Sasak

Well I notice augh wrote on the other thread that this solution worked temporarily but now they are about to chuck the stand into the crusher as it is still not working.

I have had the Alto Cordless Laptop stand with keyboard for about 6 months. On occasion, when re-plugging my laptop back into the stand after I have taken it elsewhere it wouldn't connect, but a reset would fix the problem (reset = unplug everything, take out the keyboard batteries, replug in everything and put the batteries back in - the stand starts flashing, press connect on the stand and connect onthe keyboard)

Now I just cannot get the stand to connect. No lights come up on the stand. I suspect the issue is with the power plug, as I unassembled the slide in power point, reassembled, and reconnected to the power and the stand lights VERY briefly light up, but not long enough to connect to the laptop.

This is so frustrating as I'm in the middle of a huge document and it's much nicer to work with the stand and full size keyboard.

I've spent hours trying every thing I can think of to get this working, and have now submitted a support request, so lets see if Logitech can come up with an answer.

For AUD 129 bucks this product is a bit dodgy. Nice concept- but seems to have it's problems.

Oh and one more whinge. The user guide downloadable from this site only shows one side of the fold out guide, so it is missing the pages that tell you how to install the product. I wanted to check it to see if I'd missed something and no longer have the one that came with the product.