Logi Browser
Bo_Jackson

Logitech Cordless MX Duo

Hello there!

I was wondering how I might obtain drivers (official or otherwise) for the Cordless MX Duo (an MX 700 cordless mouse and keyboard) for WIndows 7? I'd like to have full functionality but am unable to find the correct software. Would it be possible to download the mouse and keyboard drivers separately as the MX Duo drivers don't seem to have a Windows 7 variant. There is support for the latest version of Mac OS, but not Windows 7.

The reply I got from Logitech support was: "Your camera does not conform with Microsoft’s strict standards for Windows 7 and as such, Logitech does not have any available software and/or drivers available for it."

Peculiar since this is NOT a camera. They go on to say that this device is not WHQL certified and cannot be supported. Any non-WHQL drivers I could use?

Please let me know!

Thank you,

Bo Jackson

Logi Browser
Bo_Jackson

Re: Logitech Cordless MX Duo

Logi Browser
Bo_Jackson

[ Edited ]
Logi Browser
Bo_Jackson

Now if the MX 700 mouse is Windows 7 64-bit compatable, where are the drivers from Logitech?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Logitech...

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 235

Most, but not all, drivers for Logitech hardware seem to come from Microsoft. I found this by looking at the details in Device Manager.

What Logitech provides is the software that adds features to those drivers.

The exception seems to be unifying devices. These have a mixture of Logitech and Microsoft drivers.

The best place to find drivers and software to play with is the Logitech ftp site:

ftp://ftp.logitech.com//pub/techsupport/mouse

Good luck. With Windows 8 imminent we can expect more pleas for support for "old" hardware.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Browser
Bo_Jackson

You are absolutely right, the basic drivers do come from MS. However, what I'm more interested in is having the advanced functions such as media keys, shortcuts, etc. continue to work as subsequent versions of Windows come out. This would require an update to the Logitech software OR some type of work around using generic software that can emulate normal functionality. I've heard it's possible to use Microsoft brand drivers and software for this, any truth to that? If that is true, any suggestion on what MS keyboard/mouse combo software may be equivalent that I can try out? Thanks in advance!

-Bo

Logi Browser
Bo_Jackson

So I'm guessing I'm on my own as far as finding a way to support the advanced function keys on my MX Duo for Windows 7. Not cool. I'm unhappy that the finest quality and most expensive keyboard/mouse I've ever owned is now reduced to basic functionality because of a lack of software. Hardware stil works great however, so it is too bad that I'll be mothballing this fine piece of input equipment for an old MS wireless keyboard/mouse of the same era that IS supported in Windows 7.

Thanks,

-Bo

Logi Nu
talldavep

Dont worry Bo, this seems to be the way logitech handles its customers.. So its not just you!