10-20-2009 04:55 PM - edited 10-20-2009 04:59 PM
Whos **bleep**ing GENIUS idea was it to stop support for one of the best and oldest working Logitech keyboards?
In both Vista AND Windows 7, basic functionality still works for the keyboard, but ALL of the multimedia keys have stopped working. None of the iTouch buttons (iTouch, Search, Shopping, Favorites, My Home, Webcam, Messenger/SMS, E-Mail). Also, NONE of the Media keys work (Track Forward, Backward, Media, The Big Volume Wheel, Mute, Play/Pause, Stop).
I'll expect to not hear a reply for any of the "forum moderators" regarding the issue, but if someone could possibly direct me to a possible solution? And don't link me nTouch or any Winamp Plugins. I'm looking for a REAL SOLUTION to this problem that Logitech seems to be overlooking.
Again, it's for the "Logitech Elite Keyboard"
02-04-2010 06:06 PM
I absolutely agree. I'm beginning to think that Logitech is pretty good at this. Why did they discontinue the Trackman marble FX. I've had mine nearly 10 years, and although it is ugly, and might not work for lefties, sorry lefties, you are missing out, it is a GREAT trackball. Now my keyboard and trackball are both losing some of their functionality because of logitech not supporting their products. UGH!!!!
07-25-2010 04:31 AM - edited 07-25-2010 04:32 AM
Elite Keyboard M/N: Y-BF38 seems to work fine in Windows 7 now.
Enabled Global Hotkeys in Winamp - and the media keys (play/pause, stop, skip backwards, skip forwards) work fine now.
I'm also able to use the rest of the keys. (four of them I don't know - se below)
From left to right:
- scroll-wheel - ok
- go-button - ok
- back-button - ok
- e-mail button - ok
- messenger button - status unknown - (messenger not installed)
- webcam button - status unknown - (no webcam installed)
- media button - ok - starts winamp
- itouch button - status unknown (nothing happens when pushed)
- search button - opens explorer search - or if browser open - puts cursor in google search (Firefox browser)
- shopping button - status unknown (nothing happens when pushed)
- favourites button - opens favourites in browser (Firefox)
- my home button - opens browser - and displays homepage (Firefox)
Status - I'm a happy camper x-)
04-09-2011 09:21 PM
and installing the winxp itoch software on win7(just force windoof!) is also a workin possibility.
at least for me.