Logi Nu
Macaws

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard-- Keys fell off

Hi,

I have wo keys missing from my keyboard. Can you guess wha one of hem is?

I'm missing the "T" key and the home key. I tried and tried and tried to get them back on but I was unable to. I am slighly dissapointed in Logitech on this design... My MacBook Pro keys have come off several times and they snap right back in like a charm.

Has anyone found a fix?

hanks!

Mason

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard-- Keys fell off

Hello Macaws,

Please contact customer service for your region.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
icenine9

[ Edited ]

It's an easy fix!

If the key falls off with the plastic scissor spring still attached to it, then turn it over and pop off the plastic scissor spring from the metal key using a flat blade screwdriver (or butter-knife) on the four corners.  Connect the scissor spring back on to the keyboard using the two tabs.  Then lay the key over the keyboard button and scissor spring and press it straight down on all four corners until you hear a click.  You're done!

If the key came off and the plastic scissor spring is still attached to the keyboard tabs, that's even better.  Just press the metal key back on.

I dropped a cup on my keyboard and knocked off three keys.  It took about 5-minutes to get them back on.  No unscrewing or gluing anything.  Just attach the plastic scissor spring back to the keyboard and pop the key back on.

Logi Nu
dialbyvoice

icenine9's reply fixe my issue. It popped back in easily. It's small and my hands aren't so I used a little flathead screwdriver and that was really helpful keeping it in place.

Thanks

Logi Nu
wykydwytch

I am soooo grateful that you posted these instructions icenine9!  Our vaccuum accidentally sucked the right shift key off of my keyboard about a week ago and I have been totally stumped as to how to reattach it properly. Thanks so much!!

Logi Nu
CTS2

I have the Mac DiNovo keyboard, but this worked for me, too. The trick was re-adjusting the metal tabs on the keyboard so they would accept the plastic x-spring.

Logi Nu
JGinSF

icenine9's solution worked for me when the "," key came off my K800, although reseating the scissor hinge on the keyboard wasn't at all easy -- tiny, fragile parts, clumsy fingers and poor eyesight. I had to separate the two elements of the hinge and mount them individually.

I had been storing my wireless mouse on top of the keyboard and I allowed the mouse to slide off. That was all it took to pull the key off. Now nothing touches those keys except my fingers. Logitech, you should warn users that the keys on your illuminated keyboards are fragile.

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 205

Anyone with letter problems on a K800 should look into the possibility of a warranty replacement.

When the (badly design) Enter key broke on mine, they replaced it within about a week.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint Control Centre version: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.