Logi Nu
EliCooper

Logitech K200 media hotkeys not working

[ Edited ]

Hey there, I know another boring thread about a guy who can't get his keyboard to work. 

Now I have just got this keyboard it says it requires no software to work the media keys yet the only one that works is the sleep button 

I have tried installing "SetPoint" which does not even reconise the keyboard. (Though the Logitech sign up thingy did?)

I have also tried rebooting and changing USB ports.

No I am not using a USB hub or anything like that

Every other part of the keyboard is running perfectly  

I am running Windows 7 64-bit 

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CDTech

Re: Logitech K200 media hotkeys not working

Hello EliCooper;

Thank you for your post.  I have tested the media hotkeys and I was successful, but some keys did require setting the windows default application.

I did not need Setpoint installed.  The hotkeys should respond to whichever is set as the windows default application.

To make changes to your default programs:

Start->Control Panel->Programs->Default Programs->Set your Default Programs

Go through each program in the list, applying the default to  the programs you want to respond to your hotkey. Example:  If you want the audio media keys to function for itunes, you would set that program as the default. 

If your media keys still do not respond accordingly, please contact Logitech Technical Support to submit a warranty claim.

In North America, you can reach Logitech Technical Support at 1-646-454-3200.  If you are not located in North America, please click on "Change Location" at the bottom of the webpage, and select your country/region.  Then click on the "Contact" section for the technical support number in your region.

Cheers!

CDTech

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
jefbyos

Hi,

I tried the CDTech advice, without any result. :smileysad:

Anty idea why the volume/mute buttons does not controls the system sound ? I have an EX110 on another desktop computer, and it controls the system volume instead of a specific media application. I would like the K200 does the same...

In the end i tought i could use eventghost to fix that, but i will prefer if that volume buttons could work without using a third-party app.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion !

Logi Nu
DiptiS

My hot keys on the keyboard are not working. I have no idea why. Sometimes they work and sometimes they stop working. Its not even a month since i've bought it and this is the result. Only the power key among those 8 keys are working...and its like if they are working five minutes ago, they stop working now....i seriously have no idea what to do with it...

Can you please help..??

Logi Nu
itsprstar

Same problem here, only the Power (sleep) key works, any other seven keys don't, any ideas, please??

Logi Rook
schlumpf

I've got the same problem since Windows 8 x64 -.-" Only the "sleep"-button works. I really need these buttons. primary the start/stop button for winamp...

:womanfrustrated:

Logi Rook
schlumpf

Ok guys. :smileyhappy:

I found a temporary solution for our problem with the hotkeys.

Boot your computer (win7/win8), after the login just plug your keyboard out and in. that's it!

After that my hotkeys are working! :heart:

@tech. admin

Is there a bios option that cause these problems for our keyboard?

Logi Nu
stds_sak

Guys I bought a K200 also andhad the problem with the 7 hotkeys (all except sleep). Instead of searching for specifically
Logitech K200, I searched 'enabling keyboard hotkeys windows seven'. I  got this and it worked for me. Solution no. 3 - Enable HID

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932875

Logi Nu
minsik

Excellent work as this worked, no reboot. service runs and keys work complete with onscreen display.

K200 and windows 8 64 bit version. Logitech should put this on the K200 page for sure. It makes them look nearly smart and a great supplier if they can do that. Instead of putting their heads in the sand and looking dumb. perhaps they are using XP and company policy is not to use Windows 8.