Logi Nu
Tribes

Logitech Media Keyboard 600 multimedia keys not working on Windows 7 x64 without setpoint

[ Edited ]

Hi, i've formatted my Windows 7 PC recently, and my keyboard multimedia keys aren't working without the SetPoint software, however, I don't want to make use of the functions of the keyboard like [a b c d] memorization for f-Mode F1-F12 and I just want to use the keyboard without SetPoint software, cause I don't like it and it's very annoying.

Before I formatted the keyboard which I just had bought at that occasion worked flawlessly even without SetPoint Drivers, and I could control things using the Multimedia Keys, now they aren't working, what should I do? I don't want to format the Hard Drive over again to see if it fix the problem, I just want to use the multimedia keys without having to install that SetPoint software...

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 202

Re: Logitech Media Keyboard 600 multimedia keys not working on Windows 7 x64 without setpoint

Maybe you should look into how Windows handles this. After all, you are expecting it to handle the stuff that the keyboard throws at it.

If you don't want to use SetPoint, then Logitech may not be the best people to ask for advice. Their natural answer will be "use the software we wrote to do the job".

I'd be interested in what it is in SetPoint that annoys you. It seems to be pretty invisible to me, unless I jab it into action. Beyond making the keyboard do things I want, like letting me use keyboard multimedia keys.

One thought, you seem to be confusing SetPoint with drivers. It may be possible to install the drivers for your hardware without going anywhere near SetPoint. Indeed, SetPoint may well work with the Microsoft drivers that you now use.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint Control Centre version: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
Tribes

Re: Logitech Media Keyboard 600 multimedia keys not working on Windows 7 x64 without setpoint

[ Edited ]

The annoying thing about the SetPoint software, i will tell you right now, is the indication ON SCREEN that you played or paused your song, the next/skip button being pressed, or even the visual indication of f-mode on screen makes me real sad, as of disabling it, i did by the options I found, but only for caps and numlock, not for those media keys...

Other common error I was getting was that when I put play to a song by selecting it and using ENTER button instead of the media key play/pause if I then pressed the Media Key Play/Pause in the middle of the song, the keyboard made it play again, then to pause, not pause it straight from where it was, this was not occuring on the previous Windows 7 installation as well, and I was not even using SetPoint software. So, as i've said, it worked right out of the box without installing SetPoint on my previous Windows 7 installation... I didn't found how to install only the Keyboard drivers without installing SetPoint software, if there's a way to do that, let me know, cause right now Windows is recognizing the Keyboard only as HID-compliant Keyboard.

Thanks

MichaelKenward

I can see that the on-screen indicators might not appeal to everyone. I like them. But I also tell Windows to use sound cues when I press Capslock.

To get only the drivers, I would start in Device Manager. Look for the keyboard. Then tell it to update drivers.

These days they are mostly out there for on-line retrieval. Or use the CD that came with the keyboard – if there was one – and tell Windows to search that for drivers.

Back to your original quest, have you tried to search for windows and keyboard settings?

Like I said, if you don't want to sue SetPoint then you have to look elsewhere for a solution.

One thought, have you tried installing SetPoint, setting the keys, then uninstalling SetPoint?

If the keys have to be "plumbed" into the registry, then that might work. You don't have much to lose by trying it.

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
Tribes

[ Edited ]

Yes I've tried to set the keys, and they don't work, cause when uninstall the SetPoint software, the Keyboard loses the driver, it becomes just a HID-Compliant Keyboard, when it have the SetPoint installed, it's Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard.

As you mentioned, the Device Manager, I've run everything there, Windows Update can't find drivers... Tried to select a driver from the list, and Logitech isn't even there lol.

I've not tried the CD yet, i'll give it a try and post updated status, thanks for the answers.

Logi Nu
Tribes

Well, the CD didn't worked as well, I just reinstalled Windows 7 AGAIN, and now it's working right out of the box, as it was when I bought the keyboard...

Dunno why this last Win 7 installation wasn't working.. Weird thing...

And a message for Logitech... I'm not considering buying your keyboards and mices anymore... I mean, c'mon, you have to provide drivers separately from software, some people like me doesn't like to be FORCE to install a software just for the drivers...

I say one pack with drivers, other with software... that's it...

MichaelKenward

I agree. You should be able to do a "driver only" installation.

I suspect that many of the people who don't want the software end up with the Microsoft drivers, which seem to work for many users. But that probably loses the things you were looking for.

They might also offer the option to turn off the bits that annoy you. The on-screen display.