Logi Nu
EndGame

Re: Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detected FIX

[ Edited ]

I made an account at the Logitech support forum just so I can post my answer. This is what worked for me to fix my unifying receiver to be detected, and to pair with the K360 wireless keyboard, the M225 wireless mouse and the M510 wireless mouse. My problem was the unifying receiver not detected. 

I am trying to use keywords about the Logitech unifying receiver not detected, and problem pairing unifying receiver with K360 wireless keyboard, M225 wireless mouse, and the M510 wireless mouse in hopes that this post will end up as the first search result when Googling for "unifying receiver not detected". So that everyone else who has a problem pairing unifying receiver not detected will be able to fix the problem with clear and concise steps. 

To fix pairing and unifying receiver not detected, follow these easy steps.

(This is for Windows 7. If you are using a different operating system the steps may be slightly different, but in the end the same.)

1. Plug in your unifying receiver

2. Click the Start button on your taskbar

3. Select "Devices and Printers" on the right side of the Start Menu

4. RIGHT click on Logitech Unifying Receiver

5. Select "Properties"

6. Click the "Devices" tab

7. Select the MotionJoy device

8. Click the Properties button

9. In the window that just opened, Click the "Driver" tab

10. Click the UNINSTALL button

11. Select YES to unistall MotionJoy

12. Unplug your Logitech Unifying Receiver

13. Wait one second (for good measure) and plug your Logitech Unifying Receiver back in

14. Windows should now install the correct drivers. Click the balloon that pops up on the bottom right of your task bar to check to make sure windows is installing drivers for unifying receiver correctly

You will now see your mouse and keyboard (or whatever you paired with your unifying receiver) in the Devices and Printers window. The problem with unifying receiver not detected is fixed.

I hope this works for you, please exuse the exess of keywords. Just trying to make it easier to find.

Unifying Receiver not detected fix

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 243

Re: Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detected FIX

Someone should assemble a list of the various solutions that people find when trying to deal with these problems.

EndGame clearly put a lot of effort into fixing it.  This should make it easier for newcomers. But how do they find it?

In this case, MotionJoy seems to be important. What about people who have the same problem but no sign of MotionJoy?

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
RyanYoung

Re: Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detected

I just spent three hours trying to figure this out.

Windows 8, Marathon Mouse.

My unity receiver was paired to my other mouse and keyboard but I could not get it paired to a new mouse.

I tried everything, but the last fix was:

1. Disabled all other HID devices in the Device Manager 

2. Install the Unity Software as an Administrator

3. Started the Unity Software as an Administrator (this is the part I wasn't doing, I was only letting it run after install automatically)

What a pain.  There is basically a conflict issue with the fact that the device is both a keyboard and a mouse to the computer (if previously paired with something) AND a USB device the computer has to interact with.

Logi Nu
Toshi

Hi,

I have same problem with an other OS.

my OS is a Linux Debian : 

Linux toshi-zen 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

USB2 : OK

USB3 : 

[ 1420.315299] usb 1-1: new full-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
[ 1420.334270] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=c52b
[ 1420.334280] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 1420.334287] usb 1-1: Product: USB Receiver
[ 1420.334291] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Logitech
[ 1420.338416] logitech-djreceiver 0003:046D:C52B.0019: hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Device [Logitech USB Receiver] on usb-0000:03:00.0-1/input2
[ 1420.338703] logitech-djreceiver 0003:046D:C52B.0019: logi_dj_probe:logi_dj_recv_query_paired_devices error:-32
[ 1420.340938] logitech-djreceiver: probe of 0003:046D:C52B.0019 failed with error -32
[ 1428.455058] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 4

I need help ! :smileysad:

Logi Nu
Mani_484

I have tried everything in this post.  Just got a replacement receiver and still it will not detect it.  I can use the keyboard and mouse on every other computer I plug it into just not this one.  However if I have it pluged in I can use the keyboard to press F2 and enter setup and use it in there.  It's just once Windows loads that it doesn't work.  Also the first time I tried to use it on this computer it worked fine until Windows installed the drivers and the your devices are ready to use button come up.  Once that button came up they haven't worked again on this computer.  I've tried system restores uninstalling the motion joy driver everything..... Oh and to make matters worse I have a M305 wireless that works fine on this system....

Logi Nu
JackWahSJ

Hi guys
I having the same issue.
While I pair the device using my father laptop it just smooth and connected without any problem.

I not pro user,
But I think the problem happen to those who have multiple devices. 
As my condition, 
I think I at least having five keyboards and five mouse driver/software
(Include the attached keyboard and mice on Laptop and onscreen keyboard provided by Kapersky ) installed, 
But my father only have one mice. 

Find a computer that only have one or not other device connected before to do pairing.  
This doesn't really solve the problem but at least, 
you get your multiple devices connected to one receiver. 

Logi Nu
AlonAshkenazi

THANK YOU!!!!!:smileyhappy:

This solution did work!

I copied from another computer the file to my c:\windows\inf\ (the file usb.inf)

and then removed the unrecognized instance of the receiver fromthe device manager and plugged it in again.

Now it installed and it is working.

Thank you very very much!

Logi Nu
rickyf

Thanks. Missing USB.inf and USB.pnf files did the trick. I only wasted 4 hours.
Logi Nu
brucico

Me too, what can I do?

Logi Nu
mwmensen

After 3 hours of not being able to get my computer to detect the Logitech Unifying Receiver that came with the MK520 keyboard/mouse combo that I just bought earlier today, I read on another thread where someone had purchased a mouse that was supposed to come with a unifying receiver and after hours of troubleshooting the problem, it came down to being an incorrect receiver. It was not the Logitech Unifying Receiver that it needed to be.

I honestly don't think that Logitech is going to mess that up so I took a closer look at the box that my keyboard and mouse came in. Sure enough, the round piece of packaging tape on one end had been tempered with and another piece of tape was placed over the top of it. I went back to the store where I had purchased my MK520 from explained the situation. Before making the exchange, I opened the box of the second MK520. The second box had the Logitech Unifying Receiver. I am currently using the keyboard and mouse from the second box to type this reply. I believe that someone stole the unifying receiver out of the box of the first MK520 that purchased and had replaced it with a Nano Receiver that did not have the Logitech Unifying symbol on it.

So for anyone else having a problem right out of the box with "Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detected", make sure that the receiver truly is a Logitech Unifying Receiver. The receiver will have the Logitech Unifying symbol on it if it is.

Regards,

Mark