Logi Browser
rmiller1959
Accepted Solution

Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detected

My Logitech Unifying receiver isn't detected by the Logitech Unifying Software. This wasn't a problem in the past, and I'm not sure why it is now.

I get an error message saying "There is no Unifying receiver plugged into your computer..." even though it's clearly installed under Devices and Printers as "Logitech Unifying Receiver."

It is plugged directly into a USB port on the back of my computer, and I've tried several different ports, including a USB 3.0 port. The mouse and keyboard (Wireless Trackball M570 and Wireless Keyboard K350) work but I get none of the customization or display features of the Logitech SetPoint software.

I even tried another Logitech Unifying Receiver, but not only does the software not recognize it, either, but the keyboard and trackball cease to function. Any solutions?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Re: Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detected

Hi rmiller1959,

Please try uninstalling your current version of Setpoint along with the Unifying Software and install Setpoint 6.22 in clean boot mode. Once that has been completed, please reinstall the unifying software .

Please also try power draining your computer, to make sure your PC is distributing power to all the USB ports properly. This can be done by following the steps below.

- shut down your computer

- unplug your computer from the wall outlet (if using a laptop, please also remove the battery)

- leave unplugged for roughly 10 minutes

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
rmiller1959

I did everything you suggested, including the power drain, without success. What next?

Logi Browser
rmiller1959

Here is a screen capture that pretty much explains my dilemma:

Capture of Logitech Installation Message and Unifying software error.JPG

Logi Browser
Massive

I have the same problem

bphillips

[ Edited ]

Please also try using the receiver in clean boot mode, which can eliminate any third-party software interference.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
rmiller1959

The screen shot above was taken while in clean boot mode. I left it in clean boot mode for at least a hour while uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling software to try and fix the problem. I turned off the machine, switched off the power supply and unplugged the computer altogether for ten minutes. I brought it up in clean boot mode, reinstalled the software, and got the same result.

I left home for work this morning and shut down the computer, switched off the power supply, and unplugged it for the day. We'll see when I get back if it makes any difference.

Logi Browser
Massive

same here.. still not detect the receiver

Logi Browser
Massive

FYI, I just bought M325 and fail..

bphillips

[ Edited ]

@ rmiller1959 - OK, let me know how it goes. 

I have a few more things to try, and if they do not resolve the issue, I'd advise contacting Customer Support in your region for a replacement receiver.

**Uninstall Setpoint/Unifying Software before attempting the following. After performing the steps, please try installing Setpoint 6.22 in clean boot mode**

1) Update the receiver's drivers:

- Start Menu > In the search box, type Device Manager and press Enter

- Drop down the category "Human Interface Devices" and "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

- Right-click the listings for "Logitech HID-compliant Unifying Device"

- Select Update Driver and Search Automatically

2) Perform a System Restore, to a time before the issue was occurring. 

3) Please make sure you have installed all the latest Windows Updates, which can be done by the following steps:

- Start Menu > All Programs > Windows Update

- Click Check for updates

- If any updates were found, click Install Updates

4) You could also try performing a System File Checker scan, by following the steps listed below:

Start Menu > In the search box, type cmd

- Right-click cmd in the programs list and select Run as Administrator

- Click Continue

- In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow, and press Enter

Like I said, if the above steps do not resolve the issue, please contact Customer Support in your region for further assistance.