Logi Browser
Gui7arFreak

MK550 Lag/Delay Issues

I have just gotten my MK550 Keyboard/Mouse combo, and it works great....except when it randomly lags/delays.

Sometimes it does this when my computer is using a lot of memory, and sometimes randomly.  Sometimes when I click in a message block to start typing, a couple of letters into the message the keyboard has a very long delay, sometimes up to 10 seconds.

The mouse also occasionally stalls, randomly, and frequently.  This makes playing games, espeically online games impossible.  I'm not sure how to solve this issue.  The keyboard stalled twice while typing this message.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Meltech

Re: MK550 Lag/Delay Issues

Hello Gui7arFreak,

If you have setpoint installed, try the mouse and keyboard without the software. Try a different USB port. Do you have any other wireless devices that could be causing interference? Also, if you can try another PC.

Kind Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
ubermick

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issues here, on a custom hackintosh, both in OSX and Windows 7. I've moved the USB dongle to every port, even to the point of having it sitting two inches in front of the keyboard via a USB extension cable, took the cordless phone out of my office (was great having to go to another room to answer it) but the issue still persists. 

It's completely random. For a few days it was the mouse that was lagging and jerking, but the keyboard worked fine. Suddenly I was getting the input lag from the keyboard, but the mouse was fine. Then for a period they'd both work without issue, then one or both would start acting up. Then it goes away for a while, then it comes back. It's horribly frustrating.

Also, would it KILL the folks at Logitech to update the Control Center for the Mac so we aren't limited to just the solar keyboard? C'mon guys, the Wave worked like a charm before in OSX, now it might as well be a $10 Dell keyboard. Would love to be able to configure those multimedia keys...

Logi Nu
michemabelle

I am having exactly the same problems; sometimes the kb doesn't seem to input or it lags for multiple seconds and then does input... this is a problem especially since I don't know what it happening at the time.  The mouse randomly lags as well, although the keyboard issue is more severe because it is impossible to raid in WoW if there is keyboard lag.

I have also moved to every single port on my computer with no change.  If this cannot be resolved, I will need to return the set which I honestly don't want to do, as it is the most comfortable keyboard/mouse combination I have owned.

Quick help on this would be totally appreciated.

BTW, with regards to the previous answer, how do you stop using setpoint?  Uninstall?  I will try that, although it appears to be the only means to remap keys and buttons so not sure if that would be a correct solution. 

Please help.

Logi Nu
compressorguy

Same problem here.  I have no issue using a corded usb mouse and key board.  Sounds like there may be an issue that needs to be addressed by Logitech.

Logi Nu
michemabelle

Update:   other than the occasional lag on kb input, which is now very rare, I have for the most part resolved the problem.  The only USB port I didn't try out was in the back of the PC, because it was occupied.  It is probably the furthest point from my router, my monitor and my phone, so I removed the item occupying the USB port, and put the Unify receiver there. 

I don't know if it is the location of  the receiver which has resolved the problem, or the fact that it replaced the receiver I had used for my previous logitech wireless kb and mouse but, since I had tried it in the port right beside it, I believe it is likely the latter.  This is unfortunate, as I would like to maintain the old kb and mouse for backups in emergency situations, but I suspect there might have been some conflict which was interfering with the signals to/from the Unisys.  Whatever the cause, the kb and mouse now seem to be working very smoothly; I am crossing my fingers that the issue is now resolved.