Logi Browser
chazz

MX3000 wont boot when keyboard is attached using USB to PS2 adapter

I recently bought 2 MX3000 Lasers for the office and they have to be attached to a KVM in the boardrooms. I find the range very poor so I had to attach USB and PS/2 extensions to the reciever to make it come closer to the center of the room. Now Iam trying to attach a USB to PS/2 adapter to I can plug both cords into the KVM. Problem is that the computer won't even POST going through this adapter.

I am using the purple adapter for the keyboard.
Pentium 4 3.0ghz with 1gig ram
Windows XP SP2
MSI motherboard.

Thanks in advance
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bluja000

Re: MX3000 wont boot when keyboard is attached using USB to PS2 adapter

Logitech doesn't provide support for KVM switches. Try plugging directly into the back of the computers and see if that corrects the problem.
Logi Browser
chazz

I eventually wanted to plug it into the KVM. Currently I can't get the PC to POST with the USB to PS/2 adapter plugged into the computer.
bluja000

Try usb direct connection. If that doesn't help, then call us. It may be a detection issue. We would need a method of getting into windows before we could help, so please have a working keyboard on your computer when you call. We would probably need to go into the registry, but it's a simple procedure that doesn't take alot of time. Try plugging in our keyboard and another one, see if you can get into windows. Try both a ps/2 keyboard, and a usb keyboard as well. Or try this one on another computer.
Logi Browser
chazz

The keyboard works plug in using just the USB port, its when I attach the USB to PS/2 adapter that the PC wont POST.

We have been using it fine in the USB port for about a month now.
bluja000

Then the problem is likely to be the port or the adaptor. Try another ps/2 keyboard on the computer and see if problem persists. Or take the adaptor and try on another ps/2 port on another computer.
Logi Browser
chazz

I PS/2 keyboard works fine when plugged in, as well as another computer with a USB keyboard plugged in using the USB to PS/2 adapter.

Could it be a BIOS setting or a problem with the motherboard?
bluja000

Try THIS keyboard on the included adaptor on another computer. If you get the issue on the other computer, it could be a problem with the adaptor specific to this keyboard. If you have no problems on the other computer, then it could be an issue with the adaptor to computer connection. Those little pins are so easy to bend, it could be something very small like that. That's why we always recommend having the computer turned off when doing anything with the ps/2 ports. Can you try another adaptor with this keyboard and see if it works as well?
Logi Browser
chazz

Once the boardroom is free I will test that out and let you know the outcome.
Logi Nu
synowell

Hi there:
 I got the same problem and my pc will not POST, would you please tell me how to solve the problems? Many thank!