Logi Browser
Ronbo1013

Re: MX5500 Revolution broken leg replacement

It is now September 18, 2011, and my right foot just fell off.  No, not MY right foot, but my MX5500's.  I see this has been happening for 2 years now, and still I can't see a way to get replacment feet.  I just e-mailed support about getting a new right foot, now awaiting a reply.  Let's see if anything has changed since you posted this reply MorganM...or is you're still an employee and reading these things.

Ronbo1013

Logi Nu
edrod

Good luck!  These logitech keyboards are CHEAPLY made and when the little feet snap off, you'r eon your own because the company is no help.   Last month I bought a logitech  bluetooth keyboard for iPad.. the one that snaps over to cover the iPad.. on the first charge, the USB connector PULLED out the insides,rendering the gadget useless.   This cheap CRAP is typical of Logitech and I will never buy another product made by these people.  They make stuff that looks good but doesn't last during average use.  Buyer Beware.

Logi Browser
Ronbo1013

I'm sorry you're so down on Logitech.  I have been using their keyboards/mice for years and NEVER had any problem at all.  This is the first time anything has gone wrong, and it's just a stinking little foot.  But seems this right foot is a problem with these MX5500's.  I superglued the foot back together, and for now I am able to tilt the keyboard correctly again.  I don't know how long it will last though.  What I couldn't believe during my search was that Logitech will replace the entire keyboard because of this broken foot.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Ronbo

Logi Nu
edrod

Hope you have better luck than I did.  Problem with even ONE little foot breaking off is the whole keyboard is then wobbly forever.   If they had any sense they would just send you an extra little foot to snap on.... Apple Computer and other companies have no problem doing this but with Logitech, I never even got a reply.  Coupled with the bad experience I had with my iPad keyboard, Logitech is betting ZERO with me!

Logi Nu
edrod

the glue only lasted about a day on mine!

Logi Browser
Ronbo1013

Well, it's been 2 days and still nothing back from Logitech.  Not feeling too good about that,

Guess I have to start looking for another manufacturer with features that I like at a reasonable price.  Any suggestions???

Ronbo

Logi Nu
edrod

Doesn't surprise me one bit!  Nice LOOKING products.  Cheaply MADE products.  And NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.. all adds up to "never again for me!"  I tell everyone I know about Logitech and will continue to do so.....

Logi Browser
Ronbo1013

Guess what, Logitech answered me.  They will replace the entire keyboard, which I see they have done before, just because they say they part is unorderable.  If it's unorderable, then how does Logitech get them?  So, all I have to do is find my receipt and I'm in.

Keep you informed.

Ronbo

Logi Nu
edrod

Good for you... you must have won the Logitech Lottery.  The rest of us weren't so lucky, and even if we were, how many people save a receipt from something like this beyond 30 or 60 days or so... its not like it was a major purchase with a warranty.   I guess Logitech just figures most of us will go out and buy another crappy keyboard from them.  Not me.   Burned one too many times by these people!

Logi Browser
Ronbo1013

GEEZ, you get all excited.  Calm down.  There are more important things to get ticked off at than a keyboard.

So, I'm looking for a new monitor for mild gaming, but like in 3-d, but not all the time, but like 3-d mobies, and like a really sharp, clear, color accurate monitor.  I've been considering the Asus VG235HE, and the Acer GD235HZbid.  Any suggestions about this?

Thanks,

Ronbo