Logi Browser
blizarazu
Accepted Solution

MX5500 - The keyboard disconnects continuously

Hi,

I have the MX5500 Revolution keyboard and mouse combo set since more or less one year. It worked perfectly all the time, until some days ago the keyboard started to disconnect sometimes. Now it is almost impossible to type for me. It disconnects continuously and most of the times is after typing a word. If I stop typing a moment I can't continue writing, the LCD says there is no connection, and I have to wait until it connects again. In contrast, the mouse works fine so I don't think it has nothing to do with de bluetooth receiver.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you
Logi Browser
blizarazu

Re: MX5500 - The keyboard disconnects continuously

I think I managed to solved the problem. This is what I did:

1-Disconnect the USB Bluetooth receiver.
2-Remove the batteries of the keyboard and turn off the mouse.
3-Wait a bit (5 seconds).
4-Put the batteries back into the keyboard and turn on the mouse again.
5-Connect de USB receiver to the computer.
6-Connect the mouse pressing first the connect button placed under it and then pressing the button of the receiver.
7-Connect the keyboard pressing first its connect button and then pressing the button of the receiver.

I had no problems again since I did that.

I hope this helps someone else to.

Logi Nu
jiant2k

I've tried every solution in the website and the problem is still not fixed!!! I even tried downgrading the updates!!!!. HELP!!! I am really pissed off with Logitech right now.

Logi Nu
Tommuh

I have the same problem. And it really works on my nerveus.

I hope the come with a fix. Cause this set wasnt cheap at all.

Else this was my last Logitech product.

I think the last, why should the bother.

Logi Nu
MrRected

I'm having the same problem with the keyboard. SetPoint says the keyboard has 175 days left and it's intermittantly skipping pressed keys. I'm going to try changing the batteries again but if this persists I'll be taking the combo back to Future Shop. I've always had good experience with Logitech products up to now.
Logi Nu
MrRected

After some more Googling and reading it appears that the issue is definitely SetPoint software. After reading this article "http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=general&message.id=17423" I tried shutting down SetPoint and the keystrokes are no longer skipping but I lose all the advanced functionality and purpose behind having this keyboard if I don't run SetPoint. Argh!!!
Logi Browser
boed

I'm frustrated beyond words (and typing) with this issue.   I've tried uninstalling the logitech software, I've tried installing the latest version.   I've tried removing the batteries, removing the dongle, plugging the receiver back in, inserting the batteries, pressing connect on each - still an issue.    It was working fine for months.   It seems to happen about ever minute for about 10 seconds at a time.

My mouse stays connected.   My keyboard just isn't reliable even with fresh batteries.

Logi Nu
Garyd531

I posted this in another thread also:

I have the same issues with the mx 5500. Brand new, worked fine for two months, now it just miss types keys, etc.

It tooke 5 tries to type the last sentence.

I am using W7 rc. I do not think this is a problem because it worked fine for 2 months.

Also the mouse sometimes gets very sluggish, like you are drag the cursor through molasses.

I really like Logitec products, but for more than 10 years, they allways have conflicts/issues!:smileymad:

I guess I need to just give up on Logitec products.

$200 for this keyboard/mouse combo set and it is going in the garbage! lesson learned!

Logi Browser
defranco

No Solution yet?

Same Problem here - keeping disconnecting and mouse molasses effect.

Noticed also that bluetooth icon is not available in Windows 7.

Please Help me, I just bought this combo and paid a lot of money for it.

Logi Nu
JRomulus

Same problem here.  It has only started happening since I upgraded to Windows 7.  Not sure if it happens after waking up from an S3 sleep or a mere re-boot.  If I click the tray icon, I can "re-discover" the keyboard, but that's a pain, and not sure why should be necessary.  It's just the keyboard, not the mouse.

It is a real pain.  Need a solution.