Logi Nu
DanielSVK

PS2 driver for keyboard in win7 cannot be installed

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a problem with my PS2 media keyboard (Y-SAE71 SK-2930) in Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.

After installing Setpoint Software (Control center version: 6.20.50, Driver version: 5.20.51) the button "Install PS/2 driver" is grayed out. I checked the driver in Device Manager and there is the default microsoft driver "Standard PS/2 keyboard" installed. I have tried uninstalling the default driver and manually install drivers in Program Files and in Program Files (x86), but all drivers I have tested don't work correctly with my keyboard. I have tried 4x reinstall the Setpoint software without any other result, the button "Install PS/2 driver" is still grayed out. I have created System report from Setpoint software and the result is "Logitech DevCheck 5.20.49 - No Problems Detected".I have tried also check for updates for Setpoint software, but without luck.

Is there a possibility to install PS/2 driver for my keyboard manually without using the Setpoint software?

Or is there any other solution for my problem?

I need all of my keys functional and I don't want to buy new keyboard.

I have also Logitech MX518 mouse on USB, which was detected and installed correctly.

Thanks for any help

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: PS2 driver for keyboard in win7 cannot be installed

Hello DanielSVK,

Sorry that you are having a problem with your Media Keyboard . If the button is unavailable, a PS/2 driver is already installed. Does Setpoint detect the PS/2 keyboard ? If not , try right clicking on the Setpoint  shortcut or the .exe file click on Run as administrator . This will allow you to temporarily run a program as an administrator once until you close it.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
DanielSVK

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

As I wrote, there is only default PS/2 driver installed "Standard PS/2 keyboard" and my additional keyboard buttons are not functional. Setpoint software doesn't recognize my keyboard, I cannot change any button assigment, which I need.

I tried your solution on all exe files in Logitech folder, closed Setpoint, run again Setpoint but without any result. "Install PS/2 driver" button is still grayed out and my keyboard is not recognized.

Is there any other solution for my problem or do I have to wait for new drivers release? :smileysad:

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello DanielSVK,

Instead of waiting you could try rolling back to earlier versions of Setpoint . Start with setpoint480_x64.exe Here Thank you for your patience I know this issue is frustrating . I would also try a PS/2 to USB converter. Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
svarma

[ Edited ]

Is there a solution that fixes this issue with the driver? I am not able to get the Setpoint software recognize my keyboard. The device manager on Win7 doesn't list my keyboard either. It lists the wireless mouse that is working fine.

Logi Nu
ddd228

Just use the program provided.

Works in win 7 64 bit just fine!

Logi Nu
ddd228

Re: PS2 driver for keyboard in win7 cannot be installed...YES IT CAN!

It CAN be with this... setpoint480_x64.exe

Download and be happy.