Logi Nu

PS2 to USB device not recognize message

I have 2 Logitech PS2 keyboard, a Y-SAB59 and Y-BH52. I got a new laptop and it does not have a PS2 port, so I bought a PS2 to USB adapter. The problem is that neither of the two keyboards is being recognized. The keyboards are drawing power, but I keep getting deviced not recognized message. 

I downloaded the drivers for the Y-BH52 and installed - no change. Any ideas??

Logi Nu

Re: PS2 to USB device not recognize message

Anyone??

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)

Hello VentsyV,

Not all PS/2 mice and keyboards can make use of a PS/2 to USB converter. As a rule if the keyboard or mouse did not come packaged with a converter it probably will not work.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu

I have this same issue.  Are there no drivers to handle a PS2 mouse connected to a USB port via one of these passive adapters?  Seems like it would be a fairly easy thing to provide and something that lots of people would appreciate.  In looking for a solution, I've seen MANY posts about this issue.  People naturally want to use their old keyboards with new computers.

Logi Nu

I have two laptop computers.  One is a HP using Windows 7,  The other is a new macbook pro.  I connected this keyboard via USB to PS2 adapter and not able to use keyboard.  Unless anyone has suggestions on how to make this work, I will put this under my rear car tire and roll over it.  Thank you for any suggestions.

Topics: 20
Kudos: 442
Solutions: 314

What's the keyboard?

PS You have just tagged a question on the end of an old discussion. This means that there is a good chance that the official support team will miss it, as it tries to keep up with new questions. If, as in this case, your question may not be related to what went before, you'd do better to start afresh with a new discussion. Just press the New message at the top of the page and away you go.

MK
I have nothing to do with Logitech, I'm just another customer with time on their hands.
I try to help when the official team doesn't respond.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad | M235
K800, K480, K360, K340 keyboards
Webcams HD Webcam C625; QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 8.1 Update | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This can help people who are looking for solutions to their problems.

If you want people to see your message, start a new discussion, do not add to an old thread.

PS I don't do Private Messages. We are here to share information with everyone.