Logi Nu
VentsyV

PS2 to USB device not recognize message

I have 2 Logitech PS2 keyboard, a Y-SAB59 and Y-BH52. I got a new laptop and it does not have a PS2 port, so I bought a PS2 to USB adapter. The problem is that neither of the two keyboards is being recognized. The keyboards are drawing power, but I keep getting deviced not recognized message. 

I downloaded the drivers for the Y-BH52 and installed - no change. Any ideas??

Logi Nu
VentsyV

Re: PS2 to USB device not recognize message

Anyone??

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello VentsyV,

Not all PS/2 mice and keyboards can make use of a PS/2 to USB converter. As a rule if the keyboard or mouse did not come packaged with a converter it probably will not work.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
dorsalmo

I have this same issue.  Are there no drivers to handle a PS2 mouse connected to a USB port via one of these passive adapters?  Seems like it would be a fairly easy thing to provide and something that lots of people would appreciate.  In looking for a solution, I've seen MANY posts about this issue.  People naturally want to use their old keyboards with new computers.