Logi Nu
jdsd6k
Accepted Solution

Pairing unifying receivers with other unified devices

Hello all.  I have the K340/M505 bundle that came with it's unifying receiver and a Performance MX with it's unifying receiver.

What I want to do is to use the Performance mouse with the keyboard for my work set up (I like the mouse better for an all day work situation) and use the M505 with my personal laptop in the evening.

Only, I've not been able to locate anything about pairing up different devices with a different receiver.  I know the receiver is not backwards compatible, and that's not the problem as my Performance MX does have one, I just want it to be paired to the keyboard instead.   Make sense?

Thanks in advance,

Charlotte

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
SotiriosBAR

Re: Pairing unifying receivers with other unified devices

http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/434/6355?softwareid=6255&osid=14&section=downloads&bit=32

You can use the unifying software 1.1 that is already included in Setpoint (mouse software) ,however you can download it using the above link. Choose your OS and then you will be able to add additional mice or keyboards to a single receiver.

Solved :smileyhappy:

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
jdsd6k

Worked like a dream and it was incredibly fast and easy to do.  Thank you!  (and thank you Logitech for making it a painless process!)

SotiriosBAR

[ Edited ]

You 're welcome!!!

Btw You can connect up to 6 devices to a single unifying receiver.

Glad to have helped!

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
jrullo

How do I use one two receivers with one device? I have a mouise and a keyboard. The keyboard stays home and the mouse travels with the laptop. I can pair keyboard and mouse to one receiver, but when I unplug the first one and plug in the second, neither receiver works with keyboard or mouse.

Is there any way to clone the receiver so it works in both places with both devices?

Logi Apprentice
smlunatick

Pairing can only be done with one receiver.  You need to re-sync when changing Receivers.

Logi Nu
GL369

Really...there is no way to pair a keyboard and/or mouse to more than one unfying receiver?  I want to share my new K800 with two PC's.  I thought if I purchased another unifying receiver - the new 2nd (UR) one would recognize the devices and allow me to switch between machines.   Any ideas how I can make this work?

Logi Nu
AndyBlaser

I have to agree, it would indeed be very helpful to have this functionality.

Personally, I would like to use my mouse and keyboard for two PCs without having to unplug the receiver, or simply to use one device on one PC, while using the other device on the other PC.

Would be great if you could implement that into the next release of the unifying software!

Logi Nu
cobalt503

I too would like to know how to pair the K340 keyboard without a unifying reciever.

I lost mine and even if I had it I coulnd't plug it into my phone which is another device I would like to pair it with.

Seems like now that I've lost the unifying reciever I'm not going to be able to pair it with anything else ever again.

And this was suppose to be a replacement for a corded keyboard in the first place :smileysad:

Cintech

Hello cobalt503,

You may want to contact Logitech Customer Care for your region or use the link provided to obtain a replacement receiver.

http://buy.logitech.com/store/logib2c/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryid.34916400

The K340 will not connect to a phone as most phones use a Bluetooth connect protocol and the K340 is not a Bluetooth enabled device.

Best Regards,