Logi Browser
chobo2

Problem with my Wave Keyboard

Hi

I have a Wave Keyboard and I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. First I must stay the state this site is in very sad shape. I found my product: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/434/3071&hub=1&selectedcrid=404&selectedcid=3071&cl=us,en

and it has links to 64bit and windows 7(what I am guessing to say if it is supported or nt). Both are dead links though. So I can`t even figure out if my problem could be due to this(even though I don`t think so).

Now my problem is this. Starting about maybe 2 weeks ago I was working on a project in Visual Studios 2008 Web Devloper Express. All of a sudden my question mark(?) did not work. It worked for all other programs so I did a format since removing and unistalling did nothing. 

So I installed windows 7. Everything worked fine but now my keyboard stops working once in a while. Heck it is not even working right now as I type this post.

It seems after a while my keyboard starts changing symbols around but it only happens to the current program I am running in. For instance I am running Firefox been writing some posts up for a while now and now all of a sudden when I try to type these characters in I get this

question mark - É

single quotes - ``  (only does double quotes)

acent thing over number 6 - ?

tilda - #  

brackets - ^^ ¸¸

So I think you get the pont. But if I switch right now to notepad it will all work.

question mark -  ?

single quotes -  '

acent thing over number 6 -^

tilda -~

brackets - {}

So I don`t know if there is some "ruin your keyboard option" but it almot seems like there might be since why would it only affect current programs and not other ones that are just launched.

Thanks

Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: Problem with my Wave Keyboard

[ Edited ]
You have multiple keyboard layouts installed, and pressing Left Alt + Shift switches between them for the current program. From the description, probably US English and Canadian French.

Not sure where it is in Win7, but in XP:
Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Languages->Details
Either uninstall all but one language, or disable/change the hotkey that switches between them.
Message Edited by rlowens on 16-Sep-2009 03:19 PM

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Browser
chobo2

Ok I never set anything like that but I guess since I choose Canada it decided I needed French too. I deleted French off the list and I will monitor it and hopefully that will solve the problem.

It is weird though since now it says I have 2 keyboard layouts English(United States) - keyboard -US & English(Canada) - keyboard -US but it won't let me delete one of these.

Logi Browser
vampyre

I've got much the same problem, but no information forthcoming from Logitech.

Several keys require two presses to work:

single quote : must do single quote then the next char otherwise it doesn't show.

^ : to type a carat you must do shift-6 then space. Shift-6 then e will type e with an accent over it (sorry on a different keyboard atm), similar problems with other letters following a Shift-6 press.

I've only had the problem since upgrading to Windows 7 from XP.

I was prepared to buy a new keyboard, as mine is quite old. However, with no details or info from Logitech I don't think it's worth taking the chance that this is deliberate behaviour. No point spending a bunch of money only to have the same problem so no diNovo Edge for me...

Thought I'd reply to this one just to see if the support people would finally follow up. 

Logi Legend
rlowens

1. This forum is for user-to-user info, if you want Logitech Support call them.
2. This is a Windows setting and not specific to Logitech at all. You have your keyboard layout set to US-International. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306560 Scroll down to "Creating international characters" for how the Apostrophe and Caret keys work in International layouts. You probably just want to change layouts to "US (default)"

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Browser
vampyre

That's brilliant, I'll be trying that tonight but I think it will definitely fix my problem.

I hadn't realised that this was user-to-user only, I had assumed that Logitech were handling support this way - at the time I found the problem there was no contact number on the site, and email/web forms were down as well. I think they were in the process of upgrading their system. Regardless, it made support pretty meaningless.

Enought whinging from me, thanks for the post, I really appreciate it.