Logi Nu
NellieNobody

Quote key not working on Logitech Illuminated Keyboard + laptop + Windows 7

Recently got my new laptop up and running, using my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard and MX400 mouse when at my desk.

When I press ' or Shift+", the single or double quote does not appear until I type another character or press the spacebar.

When I press ' plus certain other characters, an accented character appears, for example, á.

This happens in Internet Explorer 8, Notepad, and Word 2010.

The keyboard worked with my old laptop + Windows XP.

I have vacuumed the keyboard and installed the latest software. Doesn't make any difference.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: Quote key not working on Logitech Illuminated Keyboard + laptop + Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hello NellieNobody, Sounds like you may have an unfamiliar keyboard layout or language selected . Follow this instructions HERE to adjust it. Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
NellieNobody

My default input language is "English (United States) - United States-International". This is the out-of-the-box setting. I have not messed with it.

The other choice on the associated drop-down list is "English (United States) - US".

Logi Nu
NellieNobody

Forgot to add, I switched from my old wired Illuminated Keyboard to a new wireless Illuminated Keyboard and have the same problem.

This seems to be a conflict between a Windows 7 default and the Logitech driver???

Logi Nu
NellieNobody

Hey, guess what, switching from the default input language of "English (United States) - United States-International" to "English (United States) - US" seems to have done the trick!

You need to add this to your knowledge base!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello NellieNoboby,

Thanks for the reply. Happy to hear the issue is resolved .

Cheers,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
pokerhander

[ Edited ]

I've got this exact same problem - except I'm using a desktop. I too had US international set for the KB and have changed as per the OP's solution. However, the problem isn't solved. 

ANy advice?

Thanks!

EDIT: WOrks fine after reboot! Can't believe more people haven't run into this problem. Thanks OP!