Logi Nu
knight3330

Reassigning K260 Keyboard and Mouse Combo and Why is the model not on the logitech support site?

[ Edited ]

Pretty much as the subject line stated. I just got a new Wireless K260 KB and Mouse Combo. Great hardware BTW.

I want to change the "Internet" key to go to Google Chrome instead of the defaul IE shortcut. Can't seem to do it using Set Point. Also, can't seem to find ANYTHING on this keyboard on the website.

Any ideas?

EDIT: So after trying Set Point a couple of times, I found the solution. And it's pretty stupid, but obvious. In order to change which program (browser) your hotkey on the K260 brings up, simply change the systems default browser in Windows 7. Done.

This does not really answer the overall question I have as to how you can customize which keys do what. Like for instance, I want the Calculator key to bring up Worms Reloaded or something. Also, still can't find anything on this keyboard on the website.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: Reassigning K260 Keyboard and Mouse Combo and Why is the model not on the logitech support site?

[ Edited ]

Hello knight3330,

Is this your combo ?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/433/7991?WT.z_sp=Image

If not please provide the M/N and the P/N from the bottom of the keyboard.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
knight3330

Re: Reassigning K260 Keyboard and Mouse Combo and Why is the model not on the logitech support site?

No it is not. That combo has the speakers that come with it. Mine is...

MODEL NUMBER: Y-R0015

PART NUMBER: 820-003327

Cintech

Hello knight3330,

Here it is http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/433/7313

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
alexandremartin

hello

same question, I check your link but did not find how to reassign the keyboard buttons. I downloaded SetPoint but it did not change anything

I have a logitech k260 and windows XP.

thank you in advance for your help

CarterW

Unfortunately the K260 is not supported by Setpoint, it is not possible to reconfigure the keys.

Regards

Logi Nu
BerndWechner

You're kidding right? Thta's borderline criminal. I just discovere dthat the PC key (7th from the left) shuits my PC down. This caused enormous grief and I want it disabled. From what you're saying I'll have to remove the physical key or open the keyboard and doctor something in the hardware, to disable that key?

Got me beat why anyone would want a one touch shutdown? Scary.

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 250

Doesn't that key just send the PC into sleep mode? It does on the K800.

One way to disable this feature might be to prevent the PC from going into sleep mode.

I wonder if this would help:

Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions

The idea of having "one touch" sleep makes a bit more sense than instant shut down, but I can see that it would be worrying if you have a habit of thumping that key combination.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
BerndWechner

You're right I have noticed it's only in sleep mode. That is to say pressing it again starts the computer almost instantly, only requiring a login. This howver is only if you are patient. With loads of stuff happening (my emailer, my web browser, a virtual machine running, a music player, and more) iwhen pressed it immediately blanks the screens causing panic in the users (at vthe time) and a quick press of the same button to see if it fixes the porblem. Nope, so they pressed it a few dozen times as panicked people do (against my every recommendation as it tends to queue key strokes) and the PC for all intents and purposes seemed tuck in anm endles spower cycle, the light scming on , fan starting, then off, then on then off then on then off. We had a tea break and came back and it was still cycling. Turned it off and it would not restart. Aaargh. Unplugged it, waited a few moments for capaciance to dischagre, plugged it in and started it and all was finally good.

Let's say a seriously uncool experience.

Alas, following the link you shared did explain a lot about sleep mode etc, but I could not see a way there to disable this. Of course it would be counterinituitive to disable the feature when it's the key to blame.

I've experimented with KeyTweak, and it can even learn scancodes, by placig it into teach mode. Alas I can teach it ever one of the keys on thiis keyboard, except would you believe, this sleep key which it fails to intercept and which sleeps the computer rather than deliver to KeyTweak its scan code. Aaargh. Forsooth.

Logi Nu
fatgonzo

[ Edited ]

I just bought this very cheap K260 wireless combo. As usual, the quality is great considering the price. It's very light for using on the lap and the receiver has a great range. All in all I'm pleased with it, as usual with Logitech products.

One thing I hate about it though, the lack of an ability to remap the 'sleep' and similar buttons to do other things. You can set 'when sleep button is pressed' to do nothing, but that's just as silly as ripping out the button. It's only 8 buttons we are talking about here, if you don't want to include them in Setpoint, then please give us a way to work around the issue. When I try remapping them to do something else via a 3rd party program, it doesn't remove the original effect. I don't want to rip out the buttons, as I have had to do before when similar problems have happened.

Your products are great, and for this kind of price tag I shouldn't even be complaining, but I can think of many nice functions that those buttons could be doing instead.

I am looking for a workaround tonight, and if I come across one, I will post it here.

Another thing..is there any way to remove the lag from the 'sleep' mode the mouse seems to go into when it is idle? I can understand it for power saving reasons but there are times I would rather it would not do that.