Logi Nu
delsutton

S510 keyboard not working

Hi

My cordless S510 has ceased to work suddenly. I just switched on the PC earlier and there is no response, although the wireless mouse that came with it does work. I've tried changing the batteries, un- and re-plugging the connections from the PC to the receiver, rebooting and pressing the CONNECT button.

I've been able to discount any problem with the port as my original keyboard works if I plug that in there. When I press the CONNECT button on the keyboard the lights on the receiver do not flash or respond in any way, but they do when I do the same with the mouse. I can only conclude there may be a problem with the keyboard itself, but is there a way to get it working again or has it just packed up? Any advice that leads to a resolution would be wonderful before I have to resign myself to having to spend some hard-earned cash   :-(

Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: S510 keyboard not working

I'm not sure you are reconnecting the keyboard correctly. Press and release the Connect button on the receiver, then the Connect button on the keyboard.

Also, do the extra buttons on the keyboard still work? (Media, Zoom, Sleep, etc.) If so, your keyboard needs to be re-secured (or unsecured):
See Setting up the Secure Mode feature on an a Logitech Keyboard.

Short description:
Your keyboard is still encrypting the normal keys, but the receiver isn't set to decrypt them.

To fix: To turn off secure mode (which works without SetPoint, and before logging-in if needed):

1) Press Ctrl + Alt +F12
2) Press connect button on the receiver
3) Press connect button on the keyboard
4) Press escape key

Or, to use secure mode:
Download and install SetPoint from the downloads page. Then, press Ctrl+Alt+F12 on the keyboard and the Secure window should appear. Follow the steps to re-secure your keyboard. If at that point you want to use unsecure mode instead, close the Secure window without entering the security code in the last step.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
jxreborn

My cousin has the same problem. she calls me up every 2 weeks or so saying that her keyboard doesnt work but her mouse is fine. i always end up fixing it this way.

Start > Right-Click on My Computer > Properties > Device Manager

Now you may see Under HUMAN Interface Devices a ?USB HUMAN interface Device with a yellow question mark in front. if you see that then thats your problem. To fix see following

Right click on USB HUman Interface Device(one with the yellow question mark) Then go to Properties > Driver

Now click Update Driver > a prompt window will appear with 2 options

1. Search automatically for updated driver software

2. Browse My computer for driver software.

click option 2

New prompt window> select Let me pick form a list of device drivers on my computer

you should see under Show compatible hardware box The usb Human interface device just select and click next ( do not click have disk)

your keyboard should work now.

now this is the only temporary troubleshooting i can do as i have yet to find a permanent fix.

Logi Nu
delsutton

Thanks RLowens and JX. Have tried those and nothing has changed :-( I guess it's time to buy a new one
Logi Legend
rlowens

Or just get it replaced under the 1, 3, or 5 year warranty from Logitech.
See here for RMA info. You could also e-mail Customer Support if you need help with the warranty procedure.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror