12-21-2009 05:29 PM
well i still have to use it because i use customized buttons (unless someone has a way to customize buttons without using the setpoint software), but it annoys the hell out of me as well.
is it really that hard to fix logitech?
01-12-2010 03:28 AM
Same bug here (setpoint 4.80) on Windows 7 X64 Ultimate. Continually having to reset windows 'Animate windows whilst maximizing/minimising.' Come on logitech please fix it!
01-13-2010 06:58 AM
I too can confirm this bug on Windows 7 x64, Setpoint version 4.80.103 driver version 4.82.11 using Performance MX mouse.
I have narrowed this bug down to the application switcher as simply having the software installed & running does not re-enable the animation. Once I use the app switcher (does not matter what button I map this function to) low and behold the animations are back! I do not go in and figure out how to disable the animations just for some software to go in and re-enable it!
This is extremely annoying, and must be fixed!
02-07-2010 09:03 AM
Atleast in Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise the problem is caused by Windows Local Group Policies.
Here's the solution:
- Click Start Orb
- Type gpedit.msc into the search box
- Click gpedit in results above
- In gpedit, navigate Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Desktop Window Manager
- Right-click Do not allow window animations
- Click Edit
- Select Enabled
- Click OK
If the above mentioned does not worked, try the following below.
1. Click the Start menu, type SystemPropertiesPerformance and hit Enter.
2. Select Custom.
3. In the Performance Options window, under the Visual Effects tab, locate and uncheck Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing.
4. Click OK and you are done.
Thanks goes to Dan at Logitech Customer Care for providing this guide.