11-28-2010 01:38 PM
I have a MX-3200 keyboard/mouse combo, running Windows 7 Ultimate with the latest Setpoint software installed.
I have programed the mouse buttons with keystroke assignments for copy/paste functions and it works great, but for some reason when using every program in the Microsoft Office 2010 Pro suite the buttons default back to the functions that were factory installed on the mouse. I have reset the mouse back to factory defaults and reprogramed, and even reinstalled the software with no affect.
12-14-2010 07:33 AM
It is Very annoying
I have experience this limitation 5 years ago - copy/paste extra buttons doesn't work in MS Office applications
Today I got a brand new hardware Logitech MX5500 - and IT STILL DOES NOT WORK
I am really frustrated - I am so used to copy / paste, so I am considering to go back to may old 8 years Microsoft Intellimouse
I don't know why to blame - is it Microsoft or Logitech
If somebody know some workaround, PLEASE HELP
01-12-2011 03:36 AM
Problem solved! In the SetPoint Settings, click open the Advanced Settings tab. Now uncheck "Enable pre-defined application specific button settings". Voila! Your custom settings will now work in Office 2010.
01-30-2011 10:03 PM - edited 01-30-2011 10:10 PM
This problem has been annoying me for ages, but the only checkbox I have is "Enable application-specific button settings".
I don't want to uncheck this as then I cannot have my buttons behave differently for ANY application. I only want to stop the Stupid "Back (Word)" and "Forward (Word)" settings for MS Word & other Office applications. These particular buttons seem to revert every time setpoint starts =(
I have tried setting these buttons to "No application specific task" and i have tried removing the programs from the application list, and I've tried doing it as administrator, but no matter what happens they revert when Setpoint restarts.
I just want Office applications to have the settings I CHOOSE rather than assuming I would want this idiotic MS back and MS forward "feature" for Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
02-01-2011 07:58 PM
Anyone have a solution for this?
I'm pretty sure it's a setpoint problem, since they reset to default when I start setpoint, not when I start office applications.
02-01-2011 10:52 PM
Ok I managed to overcome my annoyance somewhat by using a temporary fix. After setting everything the way I wanted it (with no application-specific settings for MS office applications). I made the user.xml file read-only.
This file can be located by typing "%appdata%\Logitech\SetPoint" (including quotes) into the "Run" dialog. I'm not sure if you have to exit Setpoint to make it write the file, but I don't think so (can't remember and cbf checking). If it's not read-only, the section for the up/down button gets re-written when Setpoint starts, enabling the retarded back/forward for office applications (whether you want it or not).
This of course means if I ever want to change any settings in setpoint I have to make it non-read-only, change the settings, and then make it read-only again. This is much less annoying than having to change the settings every time I reboot, though.
This problem has been present on this forum since the 5.XX, and still nothing has been done about it. Logitech has really been dropping the ball these days, both in terms of drivers/software and hardware. My MX1000 lasted me over 5 years with zero problems, but my several-month-old MX1100 has been nothing but a nuisance since day 1, and is already on its way out (dying). My new Logitech webcam is an absolute piece of rubbish, too.
I am never, ever buying a logitech mouse again. In fact I don't think I'll be buying any logitech products in the foreseeable future. I guess I have to find a decent Razer keyboard when my G15 dies =( Seems it's become the lesser of two evils.
03-27-2011 02:02 PM
The following worked for me (I have a G500) (use at own risk):
Close setpoint then enter
in to the start menu's run box. Go down an other couple of directory levels (they are just letters and numbers on my install) untill you find a file called profilemap.xml (might be easier just to search for the file profilemap.xml ). Open profilemap.xml in notepad and scroll down until <profile Name="Productivity" ... >, and then delete all references to MS Office software including the tag e.g.: Delete:
When done, save and reboot. Everything now works like a charm.