Logi Nu
snoops158

Severe Latency with K520 Wireless Keyboard

I'm going to cut straight to the point. I got the keyboard December 2nd 2010, got the computer December 07, 2010. That gives us a timeline. As of the whole time, I will reach intervals where latency increases exponentially, up to the point to where a single key press will take fifteen seconds to register. The M310 mouse that came with it is not having the same latency issues, but they run off the same USB reciever. At any given time, the keyboard is no more than a yard away from the USB reciever. Quite often I'm sitting but two yards away, yet I recieve large bursts of latency. I changed the batteries, made sure it was powered correctly, even changed the usb port. Nothing is helping the burst of latency that comes up randomly.

Logi Nu
RoyS

Re: Severe Latency with K520 Wireless Keyboard

I have the same problem. After I moved the transceiver from the back to the front of my system, less than 1 meter from the keyboard and mouse things improved but still get periods of latency. WiFi router within 2 meters but no cell phone or other wireless or bluetooth devices within 10 meters. My system: i7 3GHz, 12GB RAM Win7 64-bit on SSD. Can somebody from Logitech check in?

Logi Nu
Benoire

I got the combo too a little while back and I am suffering severe lag on the keyboard.  It just stops responding for a period of time and then finally starts again and types what I have written.  I even did a reinstall of Windows 7 to see if that would solve it and it hasn't.  Incredibly annoying!

Logi Nu
NSANPhckr

I have an S 510 Wireless combo purchased a couple of years ago,  I have run into the same frustrating issues on both  a Win7 64 bit and XP operating systems.  Until recently the combo worked fine.  Now intermittently (of course), keyboard strokes don't register, mouse pointer can take 30 seconds to jerkily cross the monitor, clicks don't register, and single click mode does not work at all.  Sometimes, the clicked text gets dragged across the screen with the pointer.  **bleep**????

I don't know if this is what you guys are experiencing, but it gets old really fast.  Also hard to troubleshoot when it's intermittent. 

Any thoughts???

Logi Nu
demig0d

I have exactly the same problem. I do not know what is causing this and i do not think that it is the distance between me and the receiver since the mouse is just fine.

Logi Nu
andrei1234

I have the same problem here. sometimes i want to throw the keyboard off the window. It's funny none of the logitech representatives is replying

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello andrei1234,

This kind of issue can be caused by many different things. If you are using an external USB hub or pass through device please disable it for trouble shooting . Move the receiver to a different USB port.  What operating system are you using ? Does this happen in all applications or is this issue random ? Sometimes repairing the devices to the receiver is all that is needed. You may also want to drain the keyboard/mouse of static by removing the the batteries and typing on the keyboard for 30 seconds and for the mouse with batteries removed alternately click left/right for 30 seconds .

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
charlottehunter

Exact same problem here. Makes the combo exceptionally frustrating to use. My Apple "magic mouse" and wireless keyboard never cut out like this logitech stuff.

Considering a return through Amazon before I smash the keyboard on the ground in anger.

Logi Nu
saladdodger229

[ Edited ]

I bought two of these sets. One for my computer one for my fathers. Both keyboards experiencing the same issues as this thread.

95% of the time there isn't a problem. But when it comes to games, the latency can make it impossible to play any game. I experience the problem on my laptop (windows 7), my fathers desktop (XP), and my computer, which runs both Windows 7 and Linux Ubuntu 11.04 (changing OS didn't solve the issue). I have tried replacing batteries, different usb ports, etc -but have come to no success. 

The only way I have been able to solve it (SOMETIMES) is if I move the keyboard a fraction away from where it is when experiencing the latency then it catches up with what I have been typing. Also turning it on and off is a very temporary fix.

It is either dodgy hardware or dodgy drivers. I am a particularly lazy person and bought the keyboards online so I just lived with the problem. But if there is a fix it would be really good to know!

Saladdodger.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello saladdodger229,

From your description it seems as though there may be something interfering with the receiver.  Are both of these sets in the same room ? Although they normally do not interfere with each other they may be experiencing interface from the same source such as ,cell phones, radios, wireless routers, microwaves . If you are using an external USB hub or pass through device please disable it for trouble shooting. They use Windows drivers.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.