05-17-2012 05:50 AM
I've bought K400 keyboard/touchpad combo. Whenever I plug in or pull out the Unifying receiver (be it USB 2.0 or 3.0), the system hangs for 1-3 seconds. It is very noticeable if music or video is playing. It's not the biggest issue though.
You don't necessarily have to plug/unplug the U-receiver for the issues to surface. These hangs also happen randomly (sometimes a couple an hour, sometimes only one - two a day) if the U-receiver is attached. I do a lot of real-time work (mostly music) and this drives me nuts.
So far I've tried this:
1. Installed/uninstalled Logitech drivers
2. Installed/uninstalled video/audio/chipset/USB 3.0 and virtually any other drivers on the system
3. Updated everything (including BIOS) with the latest firmware/drivers
4. Stress-tested the system with Prime95 (it is not overclocked)
5. Tried changing BIOS settings related (and not so much) to the USB (like legacy support functions etc.), loading fail-safe defaults etc.
I'm using i3 on a Gigabyte Z68 motherboard, Kingston SSD and very few peripherials (iMon being basically the only one).
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
07-03-2012 12:59 PM
This might be caused by a defective unifying receiver. The only way to isolate the problem is to try the unifying receiver on another computer. If you get the same results, then the receiver is defective. Contact our support helpdesk by clicking the link below so you would know the support number depending on your region.
Support Home Page | Downloads | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Check Rebate Status
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.