04-19-2012 04:06 PM
This is a Motioninjoy related problem, but I have exhausted all known options. Before I looked anything up online, I immediately uninstalled Motioninjoy via "uninstall a program" on Windows 7 (home premium 64 bit). I then found the following instructions posted here by Cintech
"1: uninstall the motioninjoy drivers here "control panel -> programs and features"
2: go to device manager and delete all motioninjoy devices, You may have to check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device"
3: type "regedit" in the search bar and open it. Here you have to search for "DS3" using "Ctrl+F" and delete the DS3.exe
My issues are that
1 - I don't have a "programs and features", merely "programs"
2 - my device manager does not show any device related to motioninjoy (under keyboards, gaming controllers, anything)
3 - a regedit search does not bring up any DS3.exe
4 - I've rebooted 3 times so far
06-28-2012 05:23 PM
Try the following trubleshoointg steps and see if it resolves the issue:
1. Access Uninstall a program>look for motionjoy software or any gaming controller software that is installed on the computer and uninstall those software.
2. Restart computer
3. Unplug Unifying Receiver and after 5 seconds plug it back in
4. Access unifying software if you have downloaded the software and if not, download it from the Logitech website.
5. Check if there is a Unifying receiver detected.
6. If there is no unifying detected, try different computer and download unifying software as well. If problem will still exist on the other computer, that means that the Unifying receiver is already defective.
Support Home Page | Downloads | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Check Rebate Status
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.