Logi Nu
davpav

Where's the scroll lock key?

I recently bought a standard Logitech Media Keyboard to replace a wireless one. The reason was to connect to a KVM switch (Belkin F1DL102P). The keyboard is hooked up as is the KVM switch, but to switch between computers I need to hit the scroll lock key twice and then the up or down arrow. All pretty straight forward except the media keyboard doesn't have a dedicated scroll lock key. I can't assign it to an F key because there isn't a scroll lock key. Can anyone help please? Only way forward at the moment is to take it back to the shop and swap for a keyboard that has a scroll lock key. Also, the switch does work except I manually have to swap the cables from one computer to the other.
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: Where's the scroll lock key?

What model of keyboard are you asking about? For comments on this problem with the EX110 model, see Scroll lock

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
davpav

It's just called a Logitech Media Keyboard. I think there's a better one called Elite Media Keyboard (has a small screen in the middle I think) but this one is just called Media Keyboard. It's for a Windows PC and it's PS/2. Thanks. 
Logi Legend
rlowens

If it is this Media Keyboard model, it looks like the Scroll Lock is shared with the Insert key, above the Home key. It may be a Shift of that key, or only when you are in F-Lock mode, etc.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
davpav

Almost! It's this one http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=11411. On the back of the keyboard it has imprinted Model Y-SAE71. I'm downloading your uberOptions mod to see if that helps. I've tried using the Insert key in F mode (and not) as well as holding down the Cntrl button and Insert at the same time but no luck. Also tried the Cntrl button by itself but doesn't work either.
Logi Legend
rlowens

You're probably out of luck. If none of the ideas in the other thread work, you probably have to take the keyboard back.

Logi Nu
davpav

Installed uberOptions and assigned scroll lock to F9 - but - no luck. Might try the insert key as well. Thanks very much for your help anyway.
Logi Nu
upsetusr

Taking my keyboard without a scroll lock key back to the store... not buying another logitech.  My KVM requires this key - this key has been on most every keyboard for the last 25 years - why does Logitech think that it is alright to just remove keys for the standard keyboard layout?  The only thing I can think of is cost savings so that they can manufacture the keyboards cheaper.  Well there are obviously at least a few keyboards being returned based on this decision...

Logi Nu
Machine79

If you can't find a scroll lock key, you can
Hit the windows key, click "run"   (or instead of all that hit windows key + r at same time)
and type
osk
and that will give you a scroll lock key to press :smileyhappy:
Don't know about other OS's though.
Course, not very useful for KVM's.
Logi Nu
Sajco

Hi all.

I'm guesng that ppl got this keyboard with a mouse.

I just found the scroll key replacement.

It is on the mouse wheel. Move it left or right for the scroll key.

For my KVM, I found that pushing it either way three times changes the KVM to the other computer.

:smileysurprised:) Stef