Logi Nu
Susan1455
Accepted Solution

Win 7 won't recognize Deluxe Keyboard 104 PS/2

Hello,

I recently got a new Dell desktop computer that runs Windows 7 and I wanted to use the same keyboard and mouse I have been using for years.  The mouse has a USB connector and the computer recognized it immediately but the keyboard has a PS/2 connection, so I ordered an adapter to use it as a USB.  I plugged it into the usb port and the computer will not recogize the Logitech keyboard.  Dell had a keyboard for the computer but i prefer the Logitech one as it is just plain easier and more comfortable for me to use. 

I downloaded the SetPoint application and the PS/2 button wasn't available so I assume that it had been installed.  I went through the Device Manager to try and install it as well but no luck.

I really don't want to go out and buy a new keyboard, prior to this it's worked great but I am really miss having it because it was so comfortable to type with.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Susan

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Re: Win 7 won't recognize Deluxe Keyboard 104 PS/2

Hello Susan 1455;

Thank you for posting your issue on our logitech Community Forums.

It is unfortunate to hear of your situation however, if the keyboard did not come with a PS/2 to USB converter when you purchased the keyboard then buying one after the fact will indicate that the keyboard was not equippied to work with a USB connection.

Hope this sheds light on your issue.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Nu
Susan1455

Thank you for letting me know.  I'm glad I didn't spend alot for the adapter then. :smileywink:

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Unfortunately, the news was not what you had hoped for but you are welcome

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.