Logi Nu
shippers

Windows 7 Broadcom Bluetooth 2.1 Update MX5000 not working anymore

There was an update yesterday for Windows 7 64 bit, Broadcom's Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR USB driver. Unfortunately this has resulted in my MX5000 mouse and keyboard stopping working. It was fine before.

There's nothing wrong with the hardware as I've check it on another Machine running XP.

I haven't been running system restore.

Does anyone know a way of reverting back to the Bluetooth 2.0 driver as I suspect there must be an incompatibility between my 2.0 dongle and the update.

Logi Nu
Mkol

Re: Windows 7 Broadcom Bluetooth 2.1 Update MX5000 not working anymore

I had the same problem after installing the "Broadcom - Bus Controllers and Ports - Broadcom Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR USB Device" update on my Win7 x64 machine.

I did these steps to resolve it:

1. Opened Control Panel

2. Opened Device Manager

3. Found an outstanding entry for "Broadcom Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR USB Device" or something similar

4. Right clicked this entry

5. Selected Properties

6. Selected the "Driver" tab

7. Selected the "Roll Back Driver" option

8. The outstanding entry dissapeared and reverted to a "Generic USB Hub" entry

My Logitech DiNovo Media Lase keyboard/mouse set started working again after this.  I hope this works for you.

Good luck!

Logi New
gillll

same here!!!

it is seems that an ms optional driver from 31/7 has replaced the logitech bt dongle driver and since then error code 10 the device cannot start.
i don't have a rollback option and can't force the logitech driver because i can't find it. you dont give it to download

are you aware of this ?
the update name is broadcom bus controller and ports - broadcom bluethooth 2.1 +edr usb device and driver made by broadcom 8th APRIL 2010 version 6.3.5.430

Logi Nu
bphelps1724

I have experienced the same problem, however right before this update I had to run my HP recover discs on my computer. I have no previous driver to roll back to. Any suggestions?

Thanks a ton as I have already spent way to much time trying to fix this. :smileyhappy:

Logi Browser
acmilantim

I'm also experiencing this issue, I've tried removing/reinstalling/rolling back the drivers etc to no avail. Someone please help to find a fix for this, my computer has been rendered useless...

Logi Nu
ellard

I have the same problem with the build-in bluetooth of my HP elitebook, after the windows 7 update (64 bit)  my MX mouse stopped working. However when I insert seperate OEM bluetooth dongle and disable the internal bluetooth device, my mouse is working fine again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the internal bluetooth work again with my lovely MX mouse?

Thanks in advance

Logi Nu
Dotnetrix

I had the same issue and also did not have a rollback.

I downloaded the setpoint software from logitech website.

I went to Control panel where:

I installed the logitech setpoint software.

I uninstalled the faulty device(including driver files).

I re-installed selecting the option to search for most suitable drivers.

Mouse started working and setpoint prompted me to connect the keyboard Which i did with no problems.

I hid the update in Windows Update so that I won't install it again.

Logi Nu
jelle

This problem popped up today on my computer as wel. What I did is uninstall the driver and then search for new hardware. When the window pops up with logitech bluetooth mini receiver click on the link on the bottom. It say's skip sthe search through windows update or something and then i got it working. Mx5000 and mx1000 are working and recognized by setpoint now :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
Colerbear

Ok if there are still people unable to fix this I have a solution

The trick is to give up on the bluetooth drivers and download it as generic device.

Make sure all devices trying to connect to the bluetooth usb receiver are turned ON!

You can remove all broadcom bluetooth 2.1 and redownload them with it failing like usual so all your devices are there in order to this effectively.

Key: word Choose = left click

1. Open control panel

2. Open Hardware

3. Open Device Manager

4. Right click Broadcom Bluetooth 2.1

5. Choose update driver software

6. Choose second choice called Browse my computer for driver software

7.Choose the last choice that says Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

8. Then there is a table that gives you choices broadcom bluetooth 2.1 or USB Input Device

9. Choose USB Input Device

10. Then click Next

11. Bam your good to go

12. If you have two bluetooth one is for mouse and other is the keyboard so you have to do both of them in the steps above

If you did your mouse but you don't have a keyboard one for bluetooth just right click on keyboards in device manager and select scan for hardware changes.  This is the same if you have keyboard working just right click on the mice and other pointing devices and do scan for hardware changes.

There I should have covered all possible ways things could go wrong.

From

Cole ^.^

Logi Nu
mrfj

thankyou very much, worked exactly as described, cheers mate