Logi Nu
riclar

Re: Windows 8 Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 USB driver will not start

See my post above, I have had no problems and I am now running windoes 8.1

Logi Nu
spyker25

What I had to do was first, Uninstall the broadcom 3.0 driver from the device manager, goto windows update and hide the broadcom 3.0 driver update, and then goto devices and printers, right click on your computer name and select device installation settings, and select never install driver software from Windows Update. A bit of a workaround but it is finally working.

Logi Nu
mistral2099

This "fix" doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit. As soon as I remove the Broadcom 3.0 and replug the USB dongle, it comes up showing the Logitec driver with caution indicator, then Windows, immediately removes the Logitec driver and re-installs the Broadcom 3.0 driver! Have wasted several hours on this already! WHERE IS THE FIX!?

Logi Nu
mistral2099

Same problem here but no work around. Anyone got a solution to this yet?

Logi Nu
mistral2099

Exactly the same problem here with another generic USB wireless dongle mouse! FIX PLEASE LOGITEC!

Logi Nu
garp1

[ Edited ]

Simple fix but you need a mouse and keyboard that does not use the Bluetooth device.

Connect the alternate mouse and keyboard.

Shutdown PC

set Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to off position

remove USB Bluetooth dongle

restart PC

plugging USB Bluetooth dongle

go to hardware device and select the broadcom 3.0 driver screen you will see that the rollback feature is now available, select it and run it.

Shut down the PC again

put your  wireless keyboard and mouse in the on position and restart the PC

It's done.

Logi Nu
geoellis

It may for Windows 8 but not for Windows 7 64 bit

Logi Browser
Danak

Thanks for all the suggestions (above), but nothing (as in ZIP, ZILCH, NADA) worked for my Windows 7 64-bit system.

I found it odd that the dongle for my Microsoft Presenter Mouse worked with the Logitech just fine (with a few hiccups), but the one provided with my Logitech mouse refused.  The Microsoft dongle was a temporary fix while I searched for a better solution, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Logitech support - or non-support in this case. 

But, I spent way, way too many frustrating hours trying different options until I found the simple solution:

I retired my Logitech MX5000 keyboard and mouse and replaced them.

Yeah, I really liked the mouse and thought the charging cradle was simple and unique.  But, I guess it was just time to put it out of it's misery.  All parts to the MX5000 system now sit in my "box-o-parts" collecting dust.  Perhaps one day someone will find a use for them; maybe someone still using Vista.

Sad, sad - so sad.

Logi Nu
Pomocnik

Hi. Here you can find solution for all of your problems with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 USB driver. Was checked for Windows 8.1 but for other versions probably will work also - just find correct file on the list. Good luck.

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/broadcom.htm.

Logi Nu
S3NOX

This Broadcomm 3.0 USB Driver is becoming a pain in the bum.

I have hidden the Broadcomm USB Driver in hte windows update menu.

I don't have a USB 3.0 port on my PC only USB2.0

I use a MX5000 keyboard and mouse which comes with a USB 2.0 bluetooth stick.

Yesterday I did a security update on my windows 7 64 bit edition - just one security update (can't t remember the number) but windows took it upon itself to update the driver for my bluetooth reciever to the USB3.0 version - and there it was - dead PC effcitively. Keyboard and mouse would not work - even in safe mode. unable to interact with my PC in any way.

I could press F8 and select safe mode but once it had booted the mouse and keyboard would not work.

I had to borrow a USB mouse from a friend to delete the Broadcomm USB 3.0 driver to get my system working again. Just delete the driver, plug my bluetooth reciever back in hte PC and it installs a generic USB hub and I gat basic keyboard and mouse functionality back.

But a 6 mile round trip to borrow a mouse...

THIS IS A REAL PAIN IN HTE A**SE

This issue has been going on since September.

Does the issue lie withthe USB stick supplied with the MX5000 incorectly identifying itself as USB 3.0 and causing windows to update to a USB Driver or vise versa?

Either way, what is the solution to stop this happening over and over again. This weekend was the fourth time for me and I assure you I have hidden the update in "Windows Update" but it still keeps being installed.

It may not be Logitechs issue but there is only one supplier for Windows, next time I might not buy a logitech keyboard and mouse. And if this continues next time will be quite soon.