Logi Nu
Trawg

Wireless Desktop mk710 not working on this particular computer.

[ Edited ]

Hi, I just bought the Wireless Desktop mk710.  I followed the directions provided to plug in the USB Unifying device, pull the keyboard battery tab, and install the mouse batteries in the order it says to.  Neither the keyboard or mouse is working so I installed the software thinking that I may have to manually unify them to the USB device.  

When I go in to the advanced setting it says "No Unifying receiver is detected on your computer."  When I plug the USB device in, I get the Windows "New Device Connected" sound prompt and it downloads the drivers automatically so I know the USB slot is recognizing something is there, so why is the software saying that it is not detecting the reciever?

I then took the reciever, mouse, and keyboard upstairs to a different computer and plugged it in.  I got the same "New Device Connected" sound prompt and it downloaded the drivers and a few seconds later the mouse and keyboard work great on that computer.  I just can't seem to get it to work on the computer I need it to work on.  

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Meltech_OLD

Re: Wireless Desktop mk710 not working on this particular computer.

Hello Trawg,

If you go into the Device manager what does it have the Mouse and Keyboard listed as?

Kind Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Trawg

[ Edited ]

The mouse and keyboard both show as HID-compliant devices.  Also, 4 things come up under my Human Interface Devices when I plug in the USB reciever.  1 says HID-compliant device and 3 seperate entries say USB Input Device.  

Each of the USB Input Devices when you go to properties say under Location:  Location 1 (MotionJoy), Location 2 (MotionJoy), and Location 3 (MotionJoy) respectively.  Based on this I took advice from previous threads and followed these steps:

To uninstall Motioninjoy do the following:
1 . Uninstall the Motioninjoy drivers here "control panel -> programs and features"
2.  Go to device manager and delete all Motioninjoy devices uninstall the devices in the Tab "Human Interface Devices" that  say "MotioninJoy" (remove the controller) You may have to check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device"
3. Type "regedit" in the search bar and open it. Here you have to search for "DS3" using "Ctrl+F" and delete the DS3.exe
4. Unplug your receiver Reboot 
5. Plug your receiver in.

I had nothing in my programs and features named MotioninJoy or anything similarly named so I skipped that step.  I then went in to my device manager and successfully uninstalled the 3 "USB Input Devices" and the 1 "HID-compliant Device".  I then searched my regedit for "DS3" and found no .exe or anything else "DS3" related to delete.  I then completed step 4 and 5 and when I plugged my reciever back in, the "HID-compliant device" and  the 3 "USB Input Devices" automatically reinstalled themselves and the mouse and keyboard continue to not work.  I have actually completed these steps twice now to make sure I did not miss anything.

Logi Nu
Trawg

So do I need to return this thing or what?

Logi Nu
Trawg

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot for the piss poor customer service.  I had to do a fresh install of Windows to get the thing to work.  I am only posting this in case some one else has the same problem as I did and can't get anyone around here to answer some simple questions.

Thanks for nothing, 

-A lost customer