Logi Nu
cp1111
Accepted Solution

can one K400 keyboard connect to 2 computers with 2 different Unifying receivers ???

[ Edited ]

I have one K400 keyboard.

I would like to connect to 2 different computers (minimacs) with 2 different Unifying receivers. Both computers would not be turned on at the same time.

I would prefer not to move one receiver back and both between the 2 computers.

Is this possible?

When I connect the 2nd receiver to the 2nd computer, my original 1st keyboard does not connect... i have to use the 2nd keyboard.

Can one keyboard be paired with 2 different Unifying receivers connected to 2 different computers (both computers would not be turned on at the same time).

Thank you in advance for any help.

:cp:

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 241

Re: can one K400 keyboard connect to 2 computers with 2 different Unifying receivers ???

cp1111 wrote:

I would prefer not to move one receiver back and both between the 2 computers.

Is this possible?

No. Sorry about that. It breaks the whole idea of the technology.

For a more detailed answer to this almost daily question, try sniffing around the archive. There were two similar discussions in the past week alone.

Logitech really should write an FAQ. Or FTFAQ, far too frequently asked question.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
cp1111

Re: can one K400 keyboard connect to 2 computers with 2 different Unifying receivers ???

Thank you. I found the posting that you were referring from 10 days ago on the 18th. It addressed the exact same issue.

When I searched previously, I included the K400 model number so that posting did not show up in the results.

I will try using a manual USB AB switch to see if that allows me to switch the Unifying receiver between the 2 macs. This would be for my secondary computers so I don't mind having to push a button to switch between them. I already have to push buttons to switch between my main computers using a 6-way KVM anyway. This would be much easier than physically moving the receiver back and forth.

I also would like to return the K400r keyboard I just bought yesterday as the 2 finger scroll function is so choppy compared to the smoothness of my K400 version.

Thank you very much for all your help.