Logi Nu
naio

erratic mouse behavior

I have a Cordless Desktop (Mouse & Keyboard) and since last week the mouse started an erratic behavior. It takes my clicks as if they were half clicks.

The most typical annoyance is that if I click to a desktop icon it gets stuck on the pointer and moved around. Another one is when browsing the web it marks a beginning of selection point and moving the mouse it selects the text on the page.

In order to avoid this, I have to double click constantly. Even doing this sometimes it doesn't work well.

I recently updated the SetPoint software with version 4.72.40 but the error continues...

Thanks for your contributions.

Logi Nu
ttnewton

Re: erratic mouse behavior

I see this continually also, with my MX-3200 keyboard and two MX Laser mice. Windows Vista Business. All Windows and Logitech updates.
Logi Nu
marclang

Same here!! This started first on my office Vista 64 Business w/ a 4-months old Logitech Desktop Comfort Laser, now I also have it at home on my Win XP w/ my 2+ years old MX1000 Laser. Incredibly annoying!! Renders the computer practically unusable!

I even installed a fresh copy of XP to see if it's a software problem: no change in behavior - the mouse is still unusable, even on a naked XP. Note: I do not run SetPoint on my Vista 64, nor on my new XP installation, but was running the latest version on my old Home XP.

Ergo: must be a hardware issue. Plugged in my old (cable) MX500 and everything works like a charm again (so also the mouse pad can't be the problem). Either some neighbor started running a small radio station that now interferes with my wireless mice (would need to do this both at home and at my office!), or these mice just get old from one day to another (this stuff started out of the blue, no "ageing" process).

Personal consequence: next wireless mouse will be a MS, for sure (always hated that SetPoint driver bloat anyway)!!

Logi Nu
45Bizman

I downloaded the logitech firmware and the erratic mouse started.  Do not download the new firmware as that is what is messing up the mouse.

I am using my laptop keypad to move my mouse. 

Logi Nu
ttnewton

Latest info: Here's what has FINALLY worked for me. I moved my wireless mouse base station from the USB port to the PS2 port, using a PS2 adapter. After a VERY LONG TIME of frustration, my cursor now actually moves WHEN I move my mouse, without lags, skips, or hiccups. It has something to do with the USB interface, in my case, be it hardware or software I'm not sure, but I suspect software. Of course, now I can't use many of the handy features I bought my wireless mouse for, such as programmable buttons, but HEY, it behaves like a mouse now. After all my frustration, I'll settle for that.