Logi Nu
burnedout

k360 keyboard, lost disk

I purchased the k360 wireless kb @ staples today, and somehow i managed to either lose the disk or it wasnt in the box....

I tried installing the 2 apps found under the downlods section for this kb but it doesnt detect it on a XP machine.. My windows 7 box autodetects and runs it perfectly....2 part question...is there a known XP issue and are the drivers missing off the downloads page?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Re: k360 keyboard, lost disk

Hello burnedout:

Thank you for posting your issue to the Logitech Community Forums.

No, there is no known issue with the XP Operating System.

In regards to the second part of the question. When you say 2 apps I believe you are referencing Setpoint and the Unifying Software? If you are, then please download the following link. This will detect whether you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System just like your Windows 7 computer.

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/setpoint622_smart.exe

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Nu
gun_will_travel

Same problem.

I run the Unifying setup program and it asks me to insert the receiver. I put it in, and hear a Windows system sound. But The "next" button in the Unfying program never comes out of gray.

I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Cintech

Hello gun_will_travel,

Please try the receiver on a different computer . The Unifying software is generally used to add new devices the receiver or repair a device to a new receiver . Is your K360 working ?  Do you see the Unifying receiver in device manager ?

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
gunswordmaster

hey, i am having the same problem and so i used your advice to try it on anouther computer. it works on a diffrent computer, so that tells me that the hardware works but there is somthing that must have went wroung in the installation.

i went to device manager and tried to uninstall it but when i hit the scan for hardware changes it just appears again. and there is no driver install.

i installed the "setpoint632_smart" installer but it does not detect the keyboard.

is there anyway to cleanly uninstall it so that when you plug it back in, windows still go through the install process again.

Cintech

Hello gunswordmaster,

The Unifying receiver that is included with your K360 makes use of the USB drivers supplied by the operating system. Since the receiver and keyboard are functioning as expected on a different computer this would indicate that the USB drivers on the system that is not detecting the receiver  needs repair or refreshing .  You could try removing the power source from that computer for a few hours .

Best Regards,

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 254

Remove the power source? Blimey. That is a new one. What does it mean? What is the logic behind it?

I have one of these keyboards. I have added and removed it several times from a number of PCs. There are several things I would try.

The first is to open the unifying software. Does it show the keyboard as active? If so, "unpair" it. Then go through pairing again. If not, just start the pairing.

You could also try the USB receiver in a different USB port, preferably one that is attached to the computer's mainboard rather than a hub or add-in card. Windows seems to need to install the drivers for every device on all ports.

The power thing probably refers to the usual advice, which is to remove the batteries in the keyboard, and then to type away on it for a bit. That clears any "buffers" of data and reduces the keyboard to a lump of metal and plastic.

Removing the thing in Device Manager could be done in several ways. Were you removing the USB device or the keyboard?

I found that device managers remembers old hardware that I have long ago removed. So remove any keyboards that you may have used before the K360.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Cintech

[ Edited ]

Hello MichaelKenward,

Removing the power source is suggested when a USB device is not producing a notification from the operating system when plugged in and is not detected in device manager , but works on a different system . If it is a laptop you would remove the battery for 10 to 20 minutes , if it is a desk top you would unplug the power cord for 10 to 20 minutes . This usually resolves the issue described above by clearing the temporary memory of the USB controller.

Warm Regards,

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 254

So, you mean remove the power from the PC, as in disconnect it from the mains. The PC's power source is usually taken to mean the power supply unit, and is not something one would normally want to remove.

A reboot usually suffices to clear anything from RAM. Where is the "temporary memory of the USB controller"? Some sort of on-board chip that doesn't clear when the thing reboots?

I normally find that the steps I have suggested are good first things to try. Indeed, they are usually the first steps suggested by support people here.

For issues like this, as opposed to troubleshooting PCs that won't start, I have never seen any advice here about removing power from a PC.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
gunswordmaster