Logi Nu
Watchamacallits

k800 broken keys

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.

I'm the somewhat happy owner of a k800 and a Logitech MX Air. That is, until the k800 keys started to break.

I've owned this particular k800 for about a year, and 3 keys have simply just broken in the space of a month. Today the enter key just fell off it's mechanism and is clearly broken on it's underside - the tiny plastic clips that hold it in place broken clean off.

This is somewhat disappointing considering the pricetag of this keyboard, even worse that it cannot even be dismantled for easy cleaning, which is my major peeve with this keyboard as dirt an debris quickly builds up behind the keys, possibly contributing to this issue.

Logitech staff, i want to know if you can help me in this situation. As i stated i have 3 broken keys on this board now and this is unaccepable for the price i payed. I'm not happy with this and i want a solution - i don't abuse this keyboard and it's been well looked after during the time i've owned it (or at least tried to, considering it's not easy to clean) This is just the result of a poorly designed keyboard that really, considering it's problems, is definitely overpriced.

I'd be less annoyed if i could just simply purchase replacement keys seperately, but aside from buying a whole new keyboard, i cant do this. Ridiculous.

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 254

Re: k800 broken keys

Which version of the keyboard is this?

In other ways, is the Enter key the one shaped like an L upside down?

I ask because that one broke on my K800. Exactly the same symptom. Key fell off and you could see that it was bust from looking at the bottom.

The good news is that Logitech very quickly replaced mine. In the UK at least it comes with a three-year warranty.

I started the process online (Contact Us). I got a label to return the keyboard at their cost. Within less than a week I had a new keyboard. So far that one had not broken. I am though careful not to thump it too hard.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
Watchamacallits

Which one is newer?

The one in question is the same as yours. the Enter key is rather large and L shaped. I also have another K800 for another system but the enter key is small, about the same size as the numberpad Enter key. So far, the only key to break on this keyboard is the calculator key in the top right.

I did wonder why it was changed. is the smaller enter key a newer version?

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 254

I don't think it is a changed key so much as a different layout for different markets.

They sell the one with the smaller Enter key in North America. And maybe other places.

In the UK we get the larger key.

To my mind the larger L-shaped key is more likely to break.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.