Logi Nu
ilhiker

letters wearing off keys --- again!

I purchased the MK300 and after several months, the letters on the keys began to wear off. So, I contacted Logitech and they sent me a new MK520 keyboard. Now, several months later, the keys are beginning to wear off that one too. What gives? Aren't these keyboards tested for this sort of thing? Or is this just another example of big corporations making inferior products and promoting very early planned obselescence of a product? I can't find anywhere to email my dilemma to. Companies sure don't make it easy to contact them about their products...either with strengths or weaknesses. Does anyone have any suggestions? Logitech MK520.JPG

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 254

Re: letters wearing off keys --- again!

This constant problem is what prompted me to go for an illuminated keyboard, a K800.

I used to get through keyboards too often, even when I put nail varnish on the most rot prone letters as new. (That is a good wheeze if you want to stick with the same models.)

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
ilhiker

It's too bad that Logitech with all it's brilliant minds with regard to technology, can't seem to figure out how to get a decal to stick to a piece of plastic and seal it so it lasts longer than just a few months. I don't think their keyboards are much different from anyone else's wireless keyboard/mouse combos, so I'm not eager to repeat this mistake.  What I didn't mention is another dilemma with this replacement keyboard is that it rattles when you type on it. There is internal rattle when I type rapidly, which is most of the time. I did some research on this and found that loads of others have had the same trouble and have never read where anyone was compensated after registring a complaint. I think I'll start some research and see which companies that make more reliable price. The only reason I have this keyboard is because Logitech did hear my cry for help and sent it to me at no cost. Imagine my surprise when I typed my first email and heard the rattle rattle rattle as I typed. I shrugged and said, "Oh well, it's free, I did suspect they had sent me some other person's return." Having thought that, I have no proof. 

I have several blogs that I maintain and will wait a week before I start expressing my disappointment that I will now have to fork over another wad of money to get another keyboard. It will definitely NOT be a Logitech. 

Hey Logitech...you used to be a company who hadn't forgotten about the people that YOU need to make YOUR by getting US to give OUR money to you. You used to sell quality products, but not so mucn anymore. Hire someone to comb through all of the blogs for any and all comments. Sit down with a good stong cup of coffee and a coffee cafaffe close at hand.I am sure you will get so much to read that you won't be able to do your regular job, which might actually be a good thing. You can't do your deviously bueiness practices if you will be focused on your current complete laissez-fair behaviour when directed toward customers. 

I think I will likely just go to Dell to get a new keyboard. I used to have one but gave it up because I wnated an wirelss keboard and mouse. They didn't have it back then yet.

MichaelKenward

ilhiker wrote:

I think I will likely just go to Dell to get a new keyboard. I used to have one but gave it up because I wnated an wirelss keyboards and mouse. They didn't have it back then yet.

Dell does not "make" keyboardis It puts its label on keyboards from other makers. Guess who is one of their suppliers?

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
ilhiker

If Dell gets its keyboards from Logitech or from Logitech's suppliers, then I guess I'm screwed. I can't find where to contact Logitech anyway. They don't make it easy. 

MichaelKenward

Contacting Logitech depends on where you are. They seem to have moved the link that once appeared at the top of this screen, but if you go to

Support + Downloads

you should see  "Contact Us with a link to email support:

Ask a Question - Logitech FAQ

If you can bring yourself to buying new keyboard, the illuminated option seems to get around letter rot. And the K800 comes with a three-year warranty. They replaced my first one when the Enter key broke.