Logi Nu
mmiller818

mk300 keyboard not working

My keyboard won't respond at all. The mouse works just fine, and I've downloaded the Windows 7 64-bit drivers. The software only shows a tab for the mouse; not one for the keyboard. Batteries are installed correctly, and I've pushed the connect button. Any ideas?

Logi Browser
bulu3

Re: mk300 keyboard not working

My keyboard suddenly stopped working after I unplugged the receiver. I tried on multiple systems 32-bit 64-bit but the Keyboard tab does not appear.

I belive the problem is the receiver, at it the only thing that could get damaged. However I have no idea how to reset it.

Logi Browser
bulu3

It seems that the Encryption is at fault.

I tried

- removing the keyboard batteries;

- holding the receiver button for 10 seconds

- unistalling and reinstalling setpoint

Holding down CTRL-ALT and F12 then ESC

Nothing is making the keyboard work again!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello bulu3,

Is the mouse working that came with the MK300?  When connecting the keyboard it is important to press and release the connection button quickly . Below are two links the first one is for encryption and the second is for the connection process.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12412/kw//related/1

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12404/section/troubleshoot/crid/433/lt_p...

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
bulu3

[ Edited ]

Hello Cintech,

Thank you for the reply. Unfotunately the keyboard still does not work.

a) I installed new batteries

b) The mouse is working fine.

c) I tried the reset of the settings from the links provided, with minimal delay, however they did not work.

The keyboard tab does not appear in Setpoint. A re-install of the Setpoint did resolve the problem either.

I belive the keyboard mouse combo was purchased refurbished over 30 days ago ( serial numbers have been painted out with black), therefore I acknowledge that no warranty can be claimed.

It is a shame to have nice piece of hardware die suddenly from connecting and disconnecting the USB receiver.

Thank you again

Logi Browser
bulu3

Hello Cintech,

I tried the receiver on another computer. I got inconsistent results with which ports the keyboard would work, nevertheless, I remain unable to get the combo to work on my laptop ( which I principally use).

Would it make a difference if I try to enable then disable the encryption?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello bulu3,

It is puzzling that the keyboard works on a different computer . You could try clean boot mode :http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/228/~/booting-clean-in-windows-7,-vista,... There may be an application or service running on the laptop that is preventing the keyboard from working.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
bulu3

Hello Cintech,

I thought I gave up on the keyboard until I saw your reply.

In order to do a "clean" boot, I thought it was much simpler to try a no-install version of Linux.

I therefore downloaded Puppy Linux.

I plugged in the receiver, the mouse connected fine, so did the keyboard.

I'll see with Windows from the link you provided

Thanks

Logi Browser
bulu3

Hello Cintech,

The keyboard and mouse worked fine in Linux.

I then tried in Windows 7 with a clean boot, however I was still unable to get the keyboard working!

From the messages above I have wasted too much time with this and will just get a wired keyboard.

Thanks for the help!