Logi Nu
devolution

"KHAL Main Process stopped working"

Windows 7 x64, i've been getting this error when SetPoint starts up ever since upgrading to 6.20 and any newer version gives this error. because of the failure, i can't access the control panel for mouse/keyboard.

i have not found any references to this error anywhere on this forum or on the web.

i'm using an MX Revolution 5500 system. it still works fine, i just can't make any configuration changes.

the error report references KHALMNPR.EXE as the application name and KHALITCH.DLL as the faulting module. the exception code is C0000094.

Logi Nu
devolution

Re: "KHAL Main Process stopped working"

[ Edited ]

there's more:

now the "SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) has stopped working". this came after saying ok to the first crash. it took about 15-20 minutes to appear. in the background is a window that says "SetPoint Settings", so it's the control panel trying to open. in this error report, the application name is "SetPoint.exe", the faulting module name is "kemui.dll" and the exception code is C0000005.

i have tried removing and reinstalling this software a number of times and this is always what happens. i'm using 6.30 now and the last functional version i had was 6.15.

also, i have the SetPoint software installed on other machines without issue, but those are all 32-bit Windows machines.

Logi Nu
devolution

Re: "KHAL Main Process stopped working"

ok, i completely uninstalled SP, deleted all the folders related to Logitech that i could find, and reinstalled with my AV software disabled (Kaspersky). NOW it's working ok and i can access the settings screen. it may have been that my AV software was interfering with the functionality of SP, either during install or afterward. i have not encountered this as a problem on other computers that have SP installed (all of which also have KAV on them), so i'm not sure if that was the cause or not.