Logi Nu
Peachzncream

c920 vs c930e

I love logitech webcams but I have had 2 x c920 in less then 2 years. The first one, I threw away and now my second one is doing the same thing as the first one - everytime I move my notebook or touch the wire, it disconnects and then reconnects (as if Ive pulled it out of the USB port)

error message

logitech 2.jpg

Sometimes I have to restart my notebook but most of the time, I have to jiggle/move around the wire just for it to connect, but if I move it again it disconnects so its definitely a wiring issue :smileysad:

I purchased the one I have in my possession from Amazon.co.uk in Feb 2013. What I would like to know is:

-If I can show proof of purchase, will I be able to get a replacement via logitech directly?

-Im considering buying the c930e. I am aware its main use is for business use but does it come with the same functions the c920 ie optical zoom, adjust the colour/white balance?

-I looked at the registration page but the c930e isnt listed. Any particular reason why this is?

Logi Nu
Peachzncream

Re: c920 vs c930e

I should add that I have a wins 7 notebook AKA laptop haha

Logi Journeyman
sgallant04

[ Edited ]

C930E is a very nice cam w/ W7Supporting RightLight2 and WB control and digital zoom & digital PTZ .  Other one you might take a look at getting used is a Logitech Business class BCC950 Confrence Cam which has a built in high quality speakerphone in the base and motorized PTZ

Logi Nu
Peachzncream

My main use for webcams is home use. I dont need it for business but I do like getting the latest/best product.

I was looking at the B910 also but it doesnt have the advanced settings/colour balance 

Logi Nu
Peachzncream

Oh wow! The BCC950 looks amazing! Love the idea of remote PTZ option.....

But is it compatible with skype/yahoo messenger etc? And does it come with software where I can adjust the colour/white balance/RGB like the C920?

Again, Im just seeking something professional but for home use only.

Thank! :smileyhappy: