Logi Browser
pacer420024

Re: Borderlands 2 and other Logitech Gamepad Profiles

yeah, even with that setting on it doesnt work

Logi Visitor
The_Stig

[ Edited ]

Thats just crazy. Persistent profile makes sure the profile works no matter what happens as long as the exe file is running. The Windows exe file keeps running in the background even when you start a game so it MUST have worked. Sorry bro, this is beyond my knowledge.

----------------------------------------------------
I make Logitech Gamepad Profiles. Visit http://bit.ly/Logitech-Gamepad-Profiles
Logi Nu
t_allen

Hi Stig,

I tried the profile and haven't been able to make it work. I'm sure there is something that I'm not doing right, since this is the first time that I've used a profile like this. I'd really like to make it work though, BL2 would be much better with my gamepad. I have the Dual Action. I DL'ed the xml file and imported it to the Profiler. The EXE game file is set to the file in the Steamapps folder. I've been able to remap keystrokes to the gamepad using the Logitech Profiler successfully, it's the mouse control that I couldn't figure out. The remapping worked in game, (ex: left D pad= A key, right D pad=D), simple stuff, but I couldn't figure out how to re-map the mouse controls. I printed the game Borderlands 2 profile to a jpg. from the profiler. Is this what it is supposed to look like?

Borderlands 2 Layout.jpg

I'm running windows 7 x64 and the game through Steam. Could it be that I'm missing a step with the setup of the Logitech Profiler? I'm going to try the other profile you mentioned to see if that works. I appreciate you working on this, hopefully I can get it to work. 

Logi Visitor
The_Stig

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the appreciation. Why are you remapping keystrokes? I already have movement keys (W,S,A,D) and everything else assinged in the profile. If you are trying to use your D-pad for movement rather than the Left stick, press the Mode button on your gamepad and it will swtich the two. I also have the mouse controls already assigned to the Right stick. 

The problem might be the EXE file you selected. Delete the profile you have at present and start afresh. Select the EXE from the game directory (ex. C:\Program Files\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe). Can you launch the game by just double clcking on Bordlands2.exe from the game directory or is launching it from Steam necessary? I am guessing using steam to launch the game is not a good idea because steam might either block using gamepads (not sure) or launch a different EXE. I cant tell because I dont use steam. Let me know what happens.

Also, I cant see the picture you posted.

Logi Nu
t_allen

I worked on it a little more. Using the profiler and your xml, I assigned the various actions to the buttons on the gamepad and tried it out. It worked, except for free look. I was just testing it out to see what happened so I didn't use the same button definitions as you. ex: I used: button 5=left mouse, buttun 6=right mouse, button 3= reload etc... I ran the game from steam online, and offline, using  the exe locally on my system. This didn't make a difference. I'll write back if when I can figure out how to get the free look to work. The JPG that I attached to my last message showed the controller layout using the borderlands2.xml file. The labels on the buttons were button 1, button 2, button 3, etc.....instead of what shows in the image on your post where the buttons are labeled, run, jump, free look, movement, etc....From what I see the definitions are all there for the keys but they weren't mapped to the gamepad buttons. Maybe this is the obvious step that I didn't understand when I installed the profile.

Logi Visitor
The_Stig

Ok now I kinda understand what you are trying to do. You want to make your own layout which is different from my layout. In that case you can just delete my profile and create a new one so you dont get confused with definitions in my profile. Those definitions do map the keys to the gamepad by the way. For free look, right click left or right stick - properties - from drop down list select Mouse X-axis/Y-axis.