Logi Browser
MBGeek

Cannot connect F710

Brand new machine with fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit and F710 is coming up as no driver installed.  Downloaded software, reinstalled and same problem.  Downloaded reconnect util and while this finds the gamepad, still no driver installed.

Thanks

Don Slevin

Logi Browser
ukulele

Re: Cannot connect F710

This is strange because Windows should detect and install F710 automatically even without Logitech software. Does this happen in both modes (Direct Input and XInput)?

Logi Browser
MBGeek

Yep in both modes...get the old exclamation point in device manager as well and cannot find the drivers for it ANYWHERE

Don

Logi Browser
ukulele

You should test the gamepad with another computer to be sure that it's not some hardware fault.

Logi Nu
Nimdae

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issue.

My game pad was working fine when I first purchased it. I reinstalled Windows (Win7 Ultimate x64) and now, while it's detected (even can see the make and model info), Windows complains there is no driver. There is no driver to download anywhere.

Before reinstall and before I purchased this gamepad, I was using a different brand gamepad. I plugged this one in and it worked from the start without extra software.

As a measure of troubleshooting, I removed the batteries from the game pad and just reseated the receiver. It returns to the no driver warning without doing anything with the game pad. I've tried using a different USB port. It simply attempts a reinstall and continues to fail. The failure happens without any interaction with the game pad.

I'm going to try some other things but I was really hoping to be playing games rather than troubleshooting something that should just work after a long day of working in IT :smileyfrustrated:

Edit/Update:

The game pad works fine. I connected it to my netbook running Ubuntu and was able to verify everything works. The problem is only with my fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I even loaded up a fresh set of batteries just to be sure. It appears the driver might have become corrupted or something.

Logi Nu
bcasper

hi,

did any one figure this out yet? seems it has something to do with xinput drivers.

i'm running vista 64 bit.

thanks for any suggestions

Logi Nu
bcasper

hi,

spent about an hour with technical support no success. conclusion, vista problem.

since the 64bit was a fresh install, reformatted and installed the 32bit of vista. tested the F710 on a 32bit vista installation, system recognizes and installed successfully. somehow either the 64bit driver is corrupted or the gamepad does not suport 64bit.

the logitech requirements are not specific on which system it supports. only xp, vista and win 7 thats it, no details about 64bit or 32bit system.

oh p.s

64bit vista only connects to the gamepad if the switch is set to the D and u using the F710Connection utility to create the connection. defeats the purpose of the gamepad. **bleep**

Logi Nu
jabroni619

Had the same problem after a clean install of Windows 7 x64. It would connect fine in Direct Input mode, but not in Xinput mode. I resolved my issue by going to my device manager right clicking on the f710 device with the exclamation mark on it and manually updating the driver to "XBOX 360 Controller For Windows." This is a Microsoft driver that's already part of the Windows OS, no need to download it, merely select it from the list.

Logi Nu
StreetDoggy

I had the same problem and used the work-around provided by  jabroni619.

To find the XBOX driver in the windows selection dialog I had to list all drivers and then select "Microsoft" as I didn't find it in the list of Microsoft HID drivers so I'm not sure what category it falls under.

Logi Nu
kalkas

ok, had the same problem

brand new gamepad(f710) works fine on windows 7 64bit, cannot connect on windows XP 32bit.

that proves:

1)the problem has nothing to do with 64bit

2)the problem has nothing to do with the vista

please someone from the company look into this