Logi Nu
Wacko76

Extreme 3D Pro USB and Logitech Profiler Software

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have an Extreme 3D Pro USB Joystick, running WinXP SP3, and using Logitech Profiler 5.08.146. I use only one profile for all programs.

I need to map my Teamspeak PTT button to Joystick button No.2 (the one where your thumb is when grabbing the stick).

When I assign the ">" key (I have a german keyboard, this key is located to the right of the left shift key) nothing happens.

I tested further, and apparently, no matter what key I assign to that button, it is ignored. Interestingly though, when pushing this button while in Notepad it appears to "type" the "#" key. No other buttons in the default configuration type any keys, just button #2.

After further testing, it appears that NO button accepts a keystroke assignment. Also, when I assign "#" as my PTT button in TS, I can activate it with joystick button #2.

Would be awesome if someone could put some light into this.

Logi Nu
Wacko76

Re: Extreme 3D Pro USB and Teamspeak

[ Edited ]

ok, a little update.

After further experimenting, it appears that I CAN assign keys to joystick buttons, also button #2 does NOT type "#" in the default configuration.

The problem here was that one must reselect the profile after changing something, for the changes to take effect.

One problem persists though.

When I tell Profiler to put "<" on button #2, it SHOWS me in the interface the "<" symbol. But when trying the joystick button, I still get the "#" symbol. Funny, when I assign the shift key in combination with the "<" key, which normally gives me the ">" symbol, Profiler SHOWS me SHIFT and < as assigned, but when pushing the button I get the " ' " , which is the SHIFTED symbol on my real "#" key.

Also, when assigning the real "#" key, with or without SHIFT it does exactly that: "#" or " ' "

So basically, Profiler thinks that the key to the left of my "Y" key is the same as the one to the right of my "Ä" key (remember, German keyboard). Strangely, when setting the keys in the GUI, profiler shows the real symbols.

This is very weird, and I don't think it is keyboard related, since I never had such a problem with any other software.

Here is a reference for a German keyboard layout:

http://ascii-table.com/keyboard.php/129

Logi Nu
Wacko76

wow, the resonance to my thread is ASTOUNDING. Both from the community AND Logitech.

bump

Logi Nu
jlconrod

Trying to figure this out myself.  Hopefully the Moderators have not been laid-off... :-).

Great stick if someone at Logitech or a volunteer Moderator could provide some clarification.

I know we are not the last two PC gamers in the world using Force 3D Pro or Extreme 3D Pro.

I am using Force 3D Pro with MS Flight Simulator X, and even more successfully with Fighter Ace 3 (2010 version).

Have not yet tried it with FPS, but will continue to try the stick with various games, old and new.

Regards,

John

(California USA)

Logi Nu
G2geo94

Well, you can at least add a third body. I'm trying to figure out how to use the profiler in general. So,

Bump.