Logi Nu
WillSmith25

Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick Wingman + calibration problem

hi folks

i got a problem with the freedom 2.4 joystick. first of all, i have a laptop with Windows Vista x86 (64Bit). 

one problem is that i can't install  Wingman Clear Calibraton Utility. I guess it doesn't support x84 of vista, pls correct me if im wrong.

the second problem is that my pmdg 737-800 for Flight Simulato 2004 starts drifting to the left while im taxing, at about 20kts it starts, and sometimes it does it again. also at the take off when im getting more speed, it starts drifting. i have no idea why and i couldn't find anything by googling.. i hope somebody can help me here

Logi Nu
WillSmith25

Re: Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick Wingman + calibration problem

i forgot to add that ive installed the profile manager, and it works, i have calibrated a bit, but it didn't really help..

and i get the following erros while installing Wingma:

An error occured while deleting >System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaResources\Joystick\DINPUT.DLL\CurrentJoystickSettings<

An error occured while accessing >System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaResources\Joystick<

Logi Visitor
mckie

I have a Extreme 3D pro stick. Bought it with my Xpane 9 sim several months ago. After using the joystick a couple of times I noticed that it was drifting to the right a little.  I put the game up for some time. Thinking that I could just calibrate it later when I played again. (thought that's all it needed)  Didn't have much time to play. But I have sense pulled the game out ,now that is winter ,and I have more time to play. But it is real bad now. Calibrated it , still wants to pull to the right hard . On runway and in air. It prompted me to look around online, and have found out that there are numerous people that have experienced the same problem. Unfortunately it is to late to get my money back . I know I'm talking about a different stick. But Like Me,and many others , I think you got a defective stick . do a quick search online. youll probably be suprised how may bad reviews logitech joysticks have been
Logi Visitor
mckie

Have you tried uninstalling the software and just calibrating it in windows game controlers settings?
Logi Nu
WillSmith25

hm, lucky that it isnt my own, its a friends one, i have to deal w/ it..

no, i havent tried to use the windows calibration, but ill try it, thx

Logi Nu
MindedCobra6

Hi All....

I've got the same problem with my Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick....  I'm using profiler 5.02 and when I use the clear calibration tool I get the same registry error message....  Does it support Vista Ultimate x64? That's the OS I'm using....

Some parts of the registry in Vista Ultimate x64 is different then other Vista's.... It might be the reason for the calibration tool giving the error...   It looks like when you install LGS 5.02 it doesn't put de Freedom 2.4 in the registry.... In control panel it says it's ok! But the joystick doesn't respond on any button....

Logitech please solve this problem... 6o euro for a joystick which doesn't work is a lot of money for me and I don't know if the shop will take it back....

Best regards & Thx

MindedCobra6