Logi Nu
Tril

G 13 and Star Trek Online Problem

When I try and make a hotkey on the G13 for Star Trek Online by just say putting Control 1 on the G13 it will fire every single skill that also uses number 1, as in Control 1, Alt 1, 1, Shift 1.....etc....

I am using the new 3.04 Patch and I have used the G13 in many other games and never had this problem before. Before I used the 3.04 patch I had 3.03 and it also did it in STO with that patch.  So not sure if this is a STO problem or the G13s.

So does anyone have an idea if some G13 setting will correct this problem.

Someone replied on STO forums that they have same problem and also it happens for them in Champions Online for them.

So just trying to get to bottm of this if anyone can help.

Oh and I did try creating a macro and it does same thing.

CharlesB

Re: G 13 and Star Trek Online Problem

Question: Are you doing these commands as a macro, or as a keystroke?

Logi Nu
Tril

[ Edited ]

I tried a keystroke (Control+1) and I tried a macro also, both have this same problem.  I am leaning towards the game is causing it as I never had this problem in any other game.

Logi Nu
booster14242

I'm experiencing this same issue in Star Trek Online, and it occurs whether I use a macro or or keystroke. I'd love to find a fix for this.

CharlesB

We've found out that STO has some weird timing issues  and seems not to like it when the G-Series software executes keystrokes at full speed. There are two ways to resolve this, but both involve adding a delay to the execution of the macro.

Either:

A) Create the macro, then go into the macro editor, right click between every event in the macro and add a .05 to .1 second delay between events

or

B) Go into the profiler preferences, and select "record delays when using macro record", then use the MR key to create/assign the macro in game. After you do that you can go into the macro and trim down the timing.

Logi Nu
kominetz

Have you discussed this with Cryptic and is there an ETA on a real fix to the problem?