Logi Browser
TheSlayr

G27 steering wheel in GRID and NFS: SHIFT

Ok so I picked up a G27 and got it all set up in both GRID and NFS: SHIFT except there's one problem: neither game recognizes it when I turn the wheel to steer.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Logi Nu
csanders1976

Re: G27 steering wheel in GRID and NFS: SHIFT

I had the same problem with shift when I first set it up manually entering in the "turn left" "turn right"

Then I changed it by selecting another default profile instead of doing a manual config. I think it was profile #6. That fixed it.

FYI: I didn't have to change any settings to get the paddles or shifter to work with the profile I'm talking about.

Logi Browser
TheSlayr

Yeah, I think I'm on profile 8.  Anyways, I figured out what it was.  When I first hooked it up, I plugged it into the usb port before plugging in the power cord so I thought that I didn't need to use the power cord.  Wrong.  I plugged in the power cord and everything works great now.  So I was just being a dork.  Thanks for your help though!

Logi Browser
SolidlyStated

Hi folks, I can help with this. I wrote an article series on proper setup of the G27 wheel itself and for popular racing games. GRID and SHIFT are included, among others.

You always want to set up game profiles, have proper global settings, and have proper game specific settings. Check out the individual pages for step-by-step details.

G27 Wheel Settings: http://solidlystated.com/hardware/logitech-g27-best-settings/

Race Driver GRID: http://solidlystated.com/software/logitech-g27-race-driver-grid/

NFS: Shift: http://solidlystated.com/software/logitech-g27-need-for-speed-shift/

You can also get setup tips for Undercover, Pro Street, Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box, and Test Drive Unlimited.

Hope that helps.

Logi Browser
Meathammer

^^^ Well thanks for that info, but it doesn't quite get rid of my problem.  It's made it marginally better, but it still persists.  That problem is that in playing any racing game, that I've tried so far anyway (rFactor, NFS: Shift, NFS: World, GTR2) the controller will send random button presses as I'm playing.  At it's least annoying, it will just pause the game.  However typically it will change my hud settings to none or lite, change my view from in-car to chase, pause the game and throw the car into neutral.  So when you unpause the game, your in a world of hurt.  I'm at my wits end with this controller.  I still have my older Momo which does not exhibit any of these issues.  I bought the G27 as I wanted the clutch and the shifter for a more realistic feel when I wanted to make use of it.  However this controller is almost unusable.  I've posted about this very issue before and received zero responses.  I've contacted EA tech support and they sent me some info that was along the lines of what you've already posted, but it was more in-game settings.  I've applied those changes and the problem persists.

Logi Browser
Meathammer

Just got off the phone with Logitech's customer service and they are replacing my wheel as they feel that the numerous problems I'm having with my G27 is due to a hardware issue.

Logi Browser
SolidlyStated

Good to know they are taking care of that.

I was originally wondering if you had another peripheral hooked up that was interfering, but since another wheel worked fine, I was out of ideas. That is, unless you have both attached at the same time! :smileyhappy:

Did you ever try hooking up the wheel to another computer and playing a game, just to make sure its the wheel and not your pc/windows install? Hate to see you get a new wheel and have the same issue.

Logi Nu
favorit234

I do not work neutral gear

I do not work neutral gear please help

Logi Nu
favorit234

Re: I do not work neutral gear

I do not work neutral gear

Logi Nu
Dcheezy

I have got a g27 along with grid, everything is all setup.
The problem is the steering is way too sensitive, its like impossible to make a turn without spinning out or centring the car after.

Does anyone have a decent or perfect setting for g27 and grid?