Logi Nu
lm99

G27 wheel not responding, everything else works.

I have a logitech g27 that is just 3 days old now. I connected it and installed the software and everything was working fine for 2 days. Today when i turned on my pc the wheel did not rotate for the calibration like it usually does. and inside the games everything works fine except for the steering wheel. The wheel seems to be dead. No response at all. I checked all the cables and power and also tried unistalling the logitech gaming software that came along and resinstalled. but still it doesnt work. 
when i have everything connected the shift indicator lights on the wheel stays on all the time. Another thing i noticed is that the power light on the shifter is a bit dimmer than what it used to be. 

Does anyone else have similar issues or have found solutions to this?? I saw many similar posts on the net but not really a good solution so im hoping logitech guys over here could throw some light on the matter.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

PS: Using logitech profiler version 5.08.146

Logi Nu
Alan9

Re: G27 wheel not responding, everything else works.

I'm having exactly the same problem - except that my wheel doesn't seem to work straight out of the box.

I downloaded the latest drivers (5.08) and installed the wheel/pedals/gear change as instructed. It then went to the "Calibration" part of the installation and I found that every button and pedal work but the wheel won't respond at all.

I've tried installing and re-installing, I've used the drivers that came in the box (version 5.07), I've plugged it into different USB ports on my PC - nothing.

Does this mean that the wheel is faulty and I should take it back or is there some basic thing I am missing?

It's pretty frustrating that this expensive piece of gear doesn't even come with a manual to explain how to configure it!

Logitech - what should I do? Is there a fix or do I take it back? What about this "loosing alignment" / "not going back to centre" problem that others are having? Have I bought an expensive lemon?

Please provide me a quick response.

Regards,

Alan9

Logi Nu
Alan9

I have resolved the problem with my wheel !

I seemed to be the cable from the power socket to the power supply. I swapped it for a cable I had from an old laptop power supply and now the wheel has power. I have read that some guys in the UK are also having a problem with this cable - UK power cables are fused and the fuses were blowing - the cables here are not fused so it must have been a break in the cable.

Anyway, the wheel now seems to be working properly.

Alan9

Logi Nu
Spik3d

I'm getting the same problems as above; however, my power light is flashing and there are no problems with the LED lights.

Logi Nu
Jasher

[ Edited ]

That's exactly what is happening to mine.  Just got the G27 yesterday.  Had it up and running for around 1 1/2 hrs. and while I was in a game the wheel just stopped working.  All other buttons and pedals work.  I too have the flashing green light on the shifter control.

Logi Nu
majormoist

Same here--was going into the turn on Nascar Racing 2003 and BAM! no steering response and into the wall I went.  Steerings out but pedals and shifter still worked in game.  Multicolor wheel lights are stale lit and shifter green light blinks.  250 dollars not working right now.

Logi Nu
racerkid09

I have that exact same problem.

Logi Nu
dbiker207

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem, some nights i can only do 3-5 laps before the wheel stops responding. other nights it will work fine. when it happens i still have pedals and shifter but the wheel wont respond, i have to exit out of iracing and unplug and plug it back in to reset it. i wish logitech would adress our problem since we all spent $300+ on the wheel and its only good as a paperweight.  i had a driving force gt before and it still works perfectly. im disappointed that the low grade wheel is more reliable than the flagship product for a company....  Logitch please respond even if its only to tell us that your workin on the problem, i dont know if its related but i recently installed windows 7. is everyone else with the wheel using windows 7?

Logi Nu
MINIR53

Same problem here on my PS3.  New out of the box, but the wheel won't work.  It doesn't calibrate or resond.  Pedals, shifter, paddles, and shift indicator lights work, but no steering.  Really dissapointed.  Maybe I should have purchased a Fanatec wheel.

Logi Nu
ultrium

Hi

I was facing the same problem as the above mentioned but i manage to solve it and now my G27 is working fine so i thought i will share my case with u guys out there.

Day 1 (Fri)

1. Bought the G27 + NFS Shift. Went back home, install the G27 with the bundled Logitech Driver CD. 

2. Installed the NFS Shift + Rfactor + Dirt 2.

3. Launch the Logitech Profiler to configure the controls for NFS Shift.

3. Launch the NFS Shift game, change the controller settings in the game to G27 steering wheel with separator pedals.

4. 10 Seconds into the game, Wheel not responding, power light at the shifter is blinking.

5. Remove and replug in the USB, wheel works fine again. 10 secs later, it loses its response again.

6. Did a search on the internet , thought it might be the power cord problem so i change the power cord.

7. Problem still persist for 2 games, NFS Shift and Dirt 2. Rfactor was working fine.

8. Downloaded the latest driver (5.08) from the Logitech website, did a fresh install of the drivers + the profiler software.

9. Problem still exist.

Day2 (Sat)

1. Brought my set down to the place where i bought and got a replacement G27.

2. Brought home the G27, did a fresh install with the latest driver 5.08 + the logitech profiler, problem still persisted.

Day3 (Sun)

1. Tried Re-installing the games but problem still exist for NFS Shift + Dirt 2

Day 4 (Mon) 

1. Called Logitech support and was advice to change the G27 wheel.

2. Went down to the distributor to get a replacement.

3. Brought home the G27, this time round:

a. Uninstalled the Logitech Profiler/Gaming software.

b. remove the drivers from the system manager.

c. Booted the system, plug in the G27 wheel and calibrated it using the default Windows 7 64 Bit callibration SW.

d. Launch NFS Shift, 10 secs into the game, problem still exist.

3. Removed the USB connector from the back panel of my pc and plug it into the front panel(cause the back panels have the mouse + KB + speakers)

d. Launch NFS Shift, when i start the game, i press the button on the wheel to get into the game.

4. All works well now for NFS Shift. I have not tried on Dirt 2 yet.

till now, i dont really know the problem but this r the major things which i did.

1. removed and did not use the logitech profiler software.

2. change the power cord.

3. when i start NFS Shift, i enter the game by pressing the wheel button.

4. Plug into another USB port where there no other deviced plug beside it.

System info:

Intel I7 with 8GB ram

MSI board

ATI Sapphire card

Win 7 64 Bit

Hope this helps.

cheers