Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

Re: G930 Headphones? Do they work with the Xbox 360?

[ Edited ]

Using a configuration like that is something we can't support, but if the headset was connected to your PC and playing back the line in from the Xbox 360, the mic would not work as it would not be connected directly to the Xbox 360 in any way. I believe the only way to use Voice on Xbox 360 is with the 2.5mm connection in the controller.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Manifesto316

I was wondering if the G930's would work if you were to buy the box (reciever?) that comes with the Logitech Wireless Headset F540?

Logi Nu
orion71483

I got everything to work with my on board sound.  To get the mic to work, I had to run an audio wire from the speaker output on my on board sound card, and then I had to get a 3.5mm to 2.5mm converter to plug into my controller.  The thing with that adapter is you have to make sure it has 2 black lines instead of 3. 

Logi Browser
bitemebad91

Manifesto316 wrote:

I was wondering if the G930's would work if you were to buy the box (reciever?) that comes with the Logitech Wireless Headset F540?

im wanting to know this aswell

Logi Nu
mickking06

I can't get my mic to work either. The strange thing is i get playback through my headset when i choose that option so i know my mic works fine. When i switch the playback to be speakers (win7 L_out) i hear nothing wish is right but it doesnt work on the xbox. When i unplug the 3.5m from my L_out jack the mic icon appears in party chat.... **bleep**? lol

Logi Nu
King_17

This post has helped me alot, but i am having a problem.

I have a cord that connects into the VGA of my xbox, then connects into the VGA of my monitor, as well as splitting off into red and white audio plugs, and it comes with an adaptor that combines them into a single 3.5 mm peice. I have succesfully plugged that 3.5 mm peice into the blue plug on the back of my computer, and this has given me the ability, after some messing around int the sound section of my control panel, to hear the game audio from my xbox, as well as the audio from in game microphones, from my G930 headset.

I was unsure about how to make it so the microphone on the G930 could be used through the xbox as well, so i used the cord below, which, with the adapter on, acted as a 3.5mm male on both ends cord, which i plugged one into the green plug beside the blue one on the back of my computer, and used the other adapter to turn it into a 2.5 mm peice, which i then plugged into the microphone part of my xbox controller.

Now comes my problem. i tried messing around in the sound part of the control panel to make it so the mic would work, but i could not achieve this. When i am in a party chat within the xbox, it is saying that i have a microphone plugged in, but no amount of unmuting and yelling can get it to register the G930 mic. However, any in-game sound such as a game or the sound of me scrolling through my friends list, that audio is sent through the xbox as if it is what i am saying. I have been trying to figure this put for the last 3 hours with no luck.

Please, if you can, offer me some advice so i can make this work. reply if you need more info.

Thanks, Chris 

Cord for my Mic to work in-game, computer part right, controller part left

Logi Nu
Skinnymcguinn

XBOX! XBOX! XBOX! Seriously make some kind of app or plugin so we can use this awesome headset on our consoles. 

Logi Nu
GlideGaming

Hi Chris, I am having the same issue as you. Did you ever find a fix for this? Thanks.